Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Here's your chance to own a (supposedly) Brian Setzer guitar

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by slimwilson, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    We are talking Brian Setzer, not Scotty Moore, not Cliff Gallup, or for that matter Jeff Beck. The association adds a bit to the value but not a serious amount. As a fan, I'd like to own a guitar that Brian owned but not at that premium.

Robbie likes this.
  2. Hydroman

Hydroman Gretschie

Feb 29, 2016
    FUNtucky, Ca.
    Since there is very little authentication with this guitar,getting additional verification from TV Jones wouldnt be too hard since Im pretty sure He remembers any and all Setzer work he's done.

10 G's for a guitar like this,,even if your not a Setzer fan I think its priced a just little bit high but it sounds fair due to the association to the Artist.

What did that George Harrison guitar go for recently?

3. ga19rvt

ga19rvt Electromatic

Jan 29, 2013
    SoCal
    Hey, I was the seller of this axe. Has a letter from the shop in Minneapolis where Brian consigned it. Brian frequents the place and has moved other items through there. Plenty of personal witnesses and authentication. Price was right in comparison to comp sales, re-issues, and general market. Guitar had been worked on by Tom Jones. Transitional model, thus the thumbs and Dynas together. Sounds and plays better than most of the other Jets I've played. Cheers.

fitflatpicker likes this.
  4. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, ga19rvt! Thanks for the info. Excuse me for asking, but why did you sell it?
    Welcome mat surfboards.jpg

5. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    For that amount one could buy a half dozen really nice guitars and still take the wife out for a nice dinner...:).

6. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    It says the listing has ended

7. ga19rvt

ga19rvt Electromatic

Jan 29, 2013
    SoCal
    Thanks for the welcome, although I've been coming and going here for about five years.

I ended up not selling it. I got offers, but I ended up just liking the thing too much to sell it.

rob batz, nickurso and audept like this.
  8. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    Tavo - do you ship to Australia?

I'm seriously contemplating a Strymon(t) El Capistan.

Can we talk turkey?

Russ

9. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Mobile, Al
    The "supposedly" loses context months later

ga19rvt likes this.
  10. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I ship my pedals globally. @russmack

russmack likes this.
  11. ga19rvt

ga19rvt Electromatic

Jan 29, 2013
    SoCal
    Still have it, bro. Anytime yer near Encinitas, give me a buzz.

12. Tomm Williams

Tomm Williams Electromatic

May 13, 2017
    USA
    The value of celebrity owned objects is a topic for debate. I own a '53 Gibson GA40 that was owned by Joe Bonamassa with conclusive provenance. However I have no idea if he ever actually even plugged into it. I don't know if JB is the type to buy things without at least testing them but it's certainly possible. I'm sure someone would pay extra for the connection but probably not many.
    No matter, love the guys playing and I have one of his amps. My imagination can fill in the rest :D