Here, Kitty Kitty- a recent encounter

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Andrew Griffin, Nov 26, 2019.

1. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Oh, I forgot some kind of animals I often encounter near or in our garden, usually at nightfall :

Le Blaireau (Meles meles) that you seem to call "Badger" in English,
    [​IMG]
    Very cute, quite big, but fitted with a redoutable jaw... That prevent me to approach him too much, who knows ? :eek:

Le Hérisson ( Erinaceus europaeus ) that you seem to call "Hedgehog" in English :
    [​IMG]

We have a Hedgehog family hidden in our garden and the male have been called affectuously "Casse-Croûte" (Snack) by my Daughter, because he always steals noisily the cats kibbles... :)

Sometimes we hear a Fouine (Martes foina) or two crossing on the roof of our house, and looking through the roof windows in the evenings :
    [​IMG]
    We also suspect them to steal the cat's kibble also BUT only when "Casse-Croûte" the Hedgehog is not here... ;)

Nothing else... And most of these highly lethal animals are hunted by :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, etc... - I prefer not to write the matching words, even in French, otherwise Synchro will be forced to delete my post... :confused::oops:

A+!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 3:33 AM
    Waxhead, RomanS and new6659 like this.
  2. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Here's a video of a coyote attack on a toddler a few months ago in a residential area a few miles north of Toronto. Fortunately, the parents were a few steps behind the child so it broke off its' attack. One of several in the area this summer. My keyboard players son and daughter in law had their small leashed dog attacked when they were walking it this summer. They yelled and kicked at the coyote until it broke off but their dog didn't make it.

Damn things.

Henry likes this.
  3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Most likely an eastern coyote, which is basically a hybrid of coyote, wolf and dog. It's frankly sort of a super canine. It can stand below freezing and hot weather. It can survive in the wild or in urban areas. It is uber adaptable.

Here's a good article about them.

https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2015/10/31/greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_coyote

Tony65x55 and new6659 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice