Hello, I like green guitars.

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Shroudy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Shroudy

Shroudy Electromatic

Mar 13, 2019
    The Bronx
    Just in time for St. Patrick’s day I bought this beautiful green 5622t Electromatic (on the far end). I’ve had the 1959 Anniversary Model since I was a kid, got it from my big sister probably around 1970. I’ve always wished it had a lead pickup. Recently I was shopping around for a semi-hollow in the thousand dollar range, tried Eastman, Epi’s and a few others and then I found this green 5622t at my local GC. It played wonderfully, had a sweet chime, the Bigsby stayed in tune when I used it and it was reasonably light weight. I was like that emoji with the hearts for eyes . I bought it right off the wall, could have ordered a fresh one but this is the one I liked.

I tried it with my band the other night, and this thing can really rock. It can do that early sixties Beatles thing but I can also tear up a sustaining lead also. I’m a little dubious about the pickups being so low output but they sound real pretty.

About myself: I’m a geezer rocker, 61 years old (in good shape though). These days I play mostly covers, with an occasional original punk gig, though I was a touring and recording pro in my younger years. I played in a band called The Nails back in the 80’s and was signed to RCA. I got to record in some of the great studios like Criteria in Miami, Ardent in Memphis and Electric Lady in NYC. I used that ‘59 Gretsch on some Nails recordings and our video for Let It All Hang Out that can be found on YouTube if anyone cares.

Anyway, hello my Gretsch brothers and sisters.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Welcome to Gretsch-Talk Shroudy!

Looks like you're all set for St. Patty's Day. I had a chance to try out the 5622 with the 3 pickup configuration, and I really liked what I heard for those Super HiLoTrons. Great pickup!

Shroudy likes this.
  3. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Howdy! Welcome to the asylum!

I like green guitars, too. I just don't have one at present.

Lionpotato and Shroudy like this.
  4. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Welcome to GT. What a lovely family you have in that photo. And I’m not referring to the portrait on the wall. ;)

Shroudy likes this.
  5. Andrew Griffin

Andrew Griffin Synchromatic

Oct 22, 2015

6. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Green guitars are the best

2B10BBD6-E6D7-401F-9C71-EBDB9C2DB896.jpeg 8C518887-308C-4E85-B906-972DBD2EFD20.jpeg 87407B0D-6EB1-4983-B7FD-44AFC4CFE0A4.jpeg

7. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Welcome! Nice collection.

Shroudy likes this.
  8. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Welcome to Gretschland!

Shroudy likes this.
  9. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Welcome!

Shroudy likes this.
  10. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
  11. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Welcome @Shroudy . I'm your neighbor in Rockland County . So glad to see " THE " Bronx represented . Man I was gettin lonely . Originally I'm from E204th and Valentine Ave off the Concourse ( by St. Phillip Neri ) Dad moved us to Rockland when I was 5 back in 1963 ( yea , we're gettin' old bro ) But of coarse Sunday visit's to grandma's ever week and my mother kept our Doctor on Bogart Ave . ( miss those days ) I'd go to work sometimes to with my dad who worked for NYCHA as a plasterer in the Projects ( Marble Hill and Jackson Houses ) ...... Beautiful guitars . Welcome again my friend :)

12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I'm with you on green a great color but I only have one guitar that's green. I saw a green burst PRS years ago that was incredible but at the time so far out of my price range it wasn't even in my dreams. That is one fine green guitar line up!

13. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2018
    London
  14. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    I like the way you think!

6C4DFE55-2B4C-4129-B722-24FDF142FA33.jpeg

mrfixitmi, hcsterg and Howard hughes like this.
  15. Shroudy

Shroudy Electromatic

Mar 13, 2019
    The Bronx
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Hello neighbor to thunder58 (how do you do that tag thing?) I live right down the river from you in Riverdale.

Fantastic guitar pics from everyone who posted!

thunder58 likes this.
  16. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Welcome to Gretsch Talk.

I'm green with envy over your guitars!

dak55 and Shroudy like this.
  17. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    Aww heck, I'll join in! :D

IMG_3097.JPG

Pop1655, mrfixitmi, dak55 and 4 others like this.
  18. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Shroudy likes this.
  19. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    T Bone, nickurso and Shroudy like this.
  20. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    The tag thing ........ in a persons post you'll see all the way to the left of the post box ........... " reply " . click on it and it's that easy . Then at the top of the page the person will see they have an " alert " . Also to get someones attention by name ( forum handle ) start there name with " @ " and immediatly type ther name ( no space after " @ " ) then you can click on it . See my next post ...BTW - I'm in Tappan , 3 miles south of Nyack

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice