Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Hello! Broadway jade electromatic

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Howard hughes, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    its just a box! im not a believer yet! also i have been looking online ever since i got mine hoping they didnt make anymore! im just selfish and wanted to be one of the lucky ones... i never saw it anywhere! and i looked! how? why is this possible? until i see inside the box im in denial hahaha

2. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    hahaha run over by a truck! haha what did it look like? i have to know! wish you had taken a picture!

3. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    OK, pictures soon. I'm laughing now because the intonation is spot on, however, they got the tone and bridge pick up volume pots backwards. Unless this model is different from other Gretsch models? Right now, the tone pot is the furthest away toward the butt of the guitar, if that makes any sense?
    Here is a pic with the tone pot circled, that's not right, or is this correct with this model?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Howard hughes likes this.
  4. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    Just got home and going to set up the new Jade Gretsch, sorry Howard Hughes, no tire marks, ha!
    I'll post better pics

5. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Welcome, Mr. Hughes! Very impressed to have you here, Sir.
    Very sweet Gretsch! I see you have already been advised on where to acquire pickguards and control plates. Might I suggest white or sparkle-white instead of pearloid? Just my taste, but pearloid, to me, suggests Electromatic. While there's nothing wrong with that, if you're modding the new Jet to make it more Pro Line like in appearance, I think going for the look of the Broadway Jade Penguin is the direction to go. Either way, you'll be certain to have a drool worthy Jet!

Please remember to post pics as you proceed!

6. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Yeees ;)

7. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    That's what I would have expected, as it is the same on my Panther.

8. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    thank you sir! and indeed sir! i actually was meaning to say the white/silver sparkle. eventually i will put a bigsby and white/silver sparkle everything including backplates! i was kindly told about mike at quick guards, he has great stuff! ill try to get it looking just like a rich mans jade penguin! which may i say is probably the nicest looking guitar ever made in existence!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  9. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    I am actually back home in london, i have been here for the past couple of months. i live in sweden now, i moved out of the city as i felt it was making me jaded! no pun intended! i had no guitar in london only a mosrite in bits! so i had this jade gretsch sent here to meet me so i had something to play. in the time i have been here i recorded a few songs using this guitar. i have been recording and producing my own music since the age of 14 i am now 38. i used to have dreams of "making it" in my younger days but now its just a very fulfilling hobby, im sure a lot of you do and feel the same? in no way am i trying to promote my music on this forum! and anyway my music is completely weird and probably crap to most people. its never quite the same genre and it can be crazy psychedelia, or orchestral or just plane rock. but if anyone wants to hear this gretsch in action here is a link to the songs i have made using this guitar so far! p.s im staying at my mums house so i record at night so i have to be quiet hence the whispery vocals p.p.s and in no way is this stuff perfectly recorded but it will do! this is the sound of aspergers, enjoy or dont! https://soundcloud.com/user-76457720

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  10. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Then replace the Blacktops with HS Filtertrons or TVJ Classics ... now that is a nice to have ;)

The sound difference, especially for clean tones, would be huge:

11. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    i must have watched that youtube video at least ten times! just to hear and see it in action! lucky penguin lovers!!!

12. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Lucky is the keyword ... I was able to get the last one in Germany. Gretsch should make this a standard model with several color options ... or continue the limited route with a different color each year.

I bet you also have seen this guy?

PS: I found a used one once in a while on Reverb. I don't know, why one would sell this guitar ... it must be the color, that some people can't stand for long or the neck heaviness of the Penguin. Here the Jet has a clear advantage.

13. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    can you imagine one in a pearl white gaaaaaasp! i suppose they could be an acquired taste? and all this talk of the headstock being too big? i dont think so! i think that is one of the coolest headstocks ever designed. its like someone having a complex about having a big nose but really other people are just jealous of their good looks!

Bertotti likes this.
  14. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    i just puked a bit in my mouth when i saw how much these are new! huh!?

15. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    i would have to take the tone switch off though! put a rubber thing in the hole, ide be knocking that silly

16. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    I missed your introduction, but welcome aboard, Susan. Broadway Jade is a great colour! Congretschulations on the acquisition.

17. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    It's the Falcon head stock and I think it should be slightly smaller, especially to reduce weight. When playing sitting this Penguin is nicely balanced, but when standing and using a strap, it has noticeable neck dive.

The Jet headstock though is the complete opposite ... it's too small ... might be great for the balance, but from a design perspective the Jet's headstock is too small and that of the Penguin too huge.

But hey, that's just my taste ;)

rockinforJesus and Howard hughes like this.
  18. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    That's why I got the last one in Germany ... it took me a long time to decide, that I really want it. A Proline isn't a guitar, that you buy spontaneously ... except some rich folks maybe.

You get used to it, but nevertheless I hate mud switches and prefer tone knobs ... thankfully I seldom use it and prefer the amp's tone control anyway.

19. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    Just finished setting up my new Broadway jade and love it!
    Can't seem to find good light for pictures that give it any justice though. You all know how stunning this guitar looks anyway, ha!

Attached Files:

Bertotti and Howard hughes like this.
  20. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Now you just need a trussrod cover, that matches the pickguard ;)