Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Hello! Broadway jade electromatic

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Howard hughes, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Im sorry
    if i have missed the introduction page? But ill get to my point here if thats ok. Im buying this beauty on monday! I plan to mod this thing quite a lot so ill keep you posted! Great minds think alike because i too hate the black truss Rod cover and control plates no no no! Please can you tell me where i can find a pearloid pickguard with Gretsch logo on it for electromatics and a pearloid truss Rod cover to match? They are like Bloody gold dust! I can make the back plates and Maybe ill even make the new guard and Rod cover IF i can find 2ply pearloid material? Also i want a bigsby b7 on this thing and i want to use a vibramate system but! Does anybody know IF i have enough distance from the bridge to the butt of the guitar for this? Making my own shim is fine IF i have too much space but too little would be a problem, then ide just go for a b5. Sorry for long message sorry IF i have missed introduction or is this it? Im just eager to find my parts and fix this thing up! God it Will be nice! I own a sparkle jet btw Thanks so much all! IMG_6981.PNG

T Bone, benjwri, G DynaTron and 7 others like this.
  2. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Welcome aboard!

Howard hughes likes this.
  3. boytanical

boytanical Electromatic

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    i just got this guitar myself! you will not be disappointed. I don't know about the truss rod cover or the plates on the back, but if you are handy you can just spray paint and clear coat them. Just make sure you are using heavy duty stuff. the best place to get these materials is at an auto body shop where they have paint and clear coat meant for cars. its the most durable. it looks really professional if you do it right, there are also great youtube tutorials out there. I also want to put a tremolo on mine, and someone on here recommended the duesenberg trem II to me. i plan on getting that over a bigsby as it doesn't require you to drill any holes or anything in the guitar. but yeah its a great guitar!

4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Willkommen. This model looks super nice. Congrats.

5. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Damn! They had Seven of these on tuesday now only four! They are selling like hotcakes! I cant buy it until monday Damn blast bugger! Trying to Put a deposit on it right now arghhhhh got my heart set on this guitar! Thanks for your replies guys!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  6. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Welcome to Gretsch-Talk Howard Hughes!

I don't have this model, so I'll not weigh in on where you might find things. I am sure there are others that can help you out.

7. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    For me every guard on Every guitar i own had to be pearloid! Just Love it! I want even the control plates on this thing to be pearloid! Just checked out your post/thread that trem? Wow that looks really cool i like it a lot! Nice! I think its yours? But Someone Put that duesenburg trem on.

8. boytanical

boytanical Electromatic

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    must not be mine! i haven't put it on mine yet. but yeah i think its the best option if you want to use a tremolo that doesn't require extra work to be done to the guitar. i'm going to a wait a bit before putting it on mine. Also in regards to your need for pearl pickguards:

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...hUKEwioltasiYHaAhUS7qwKHZ-nBqwQ9aACCDg&adurl=

9. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Have you thought about a vibramate? No drilling needed either and you get the b5! Looks nice and vintage with a b5 in my opinion, whether its works on a Gretsch i dont know? Im sure i have seen it Done on youtube?

10. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Howard hughes!
    vintage_grunge_uk_flag_union_jack_doormat.jpg

11. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    If you're set in a bigsby, I'd look into a B3C with a towner tension bar. He also sells a kit to allow install with no drilling. See townerusa.com. never personal done it but many here have used the towner tension bar.

He is also a member here.

Quickguards.com makes TRCs and guards. Mike Quick is a nice guy.

msc_ and Howard hughes like this.
  12. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Great stuff Thanks a lot! I like the Idea of the b7 because it would cover the tail piece holes. Thanks for the guards link!

13. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT Howard h!

14. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
  15. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Welcome,

instead of a Bigsby I would get a Duesenberg Les Trem II instead ... easy installation and reversible.

Regarding trussrod covers a Google image search might help finding shops, which usually also sell pickguards. Some shops also do custom jobs to your specs.

PS: I hope you get one of these limited edition Jets.

16. CaliforniaSlim

CaliforniaSlim Gretschie

Jul 21, 2016
    That is a beautiful guitar- Congrats
    +1 for B3C with towner tension bar. I did it recently on a jet without problem.

17. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Welcome!!!
    All things pickguards etc here..

http://www.quickguards.com/index.php?shop_gretsch

U.S. based but i’m in UK too & turn around was about 4 weeks.
    Mike Quick hand makes all this stuff himself.
    He’s very good.
    If you can’t see what you want just email him & I’m sure he’ll sort you out..

msc_ and Howard hughes like this.
  18. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Yeah i think ill go for the les trem, its cheaper and i actualy like the look of it a lot. As for guards Im going to make my own. It looks hopeful ill get this guitar monday! Still four left! Thanks for reply

Aymara likes this.
  19. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Than
    Thank you!

Trash Kidd likes this.
  20. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    Thanks to all for the infomation, help, ideas and welcome i really appriciate it! Sorry IF i forgot to reply to any of you? Im off to london tuesday for a few months, back home. I have been living in sweden for Two years just to get away a bit. Wont have the net for a while but when i get back ill show my mods and pics!

Trash Kidd likes this.