Have we had a Fender February post before?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by mbkri, Feb 5, 2019.

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    You need a B bender on that Tele, lets see if we can get it to 16 or 17lbs:D

Telechamp, calebaaron666 and mbkri like this.
  2. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

I'll be the oddball with the Fender acoustic! They aren't all that great at acoustics, but this one is an exception. (I was being creative when I took this photo)
    [​IMG]
    Right after I unboxed her:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Scarlett looks stunning!;)

4. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    I named a band i play with after my red accoustic. We were called The Scarlet Darlings...... till we did a search on Facebook.
    Now, to avoid confusion. we are The Red Darlings and i keep my clothes on for most gigs.

5. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Seriously! Why not go for broke?!

Actually, my game plan is to route out a bunch of material from the front and cut a fancy allover pickguard to cover it. Smuggler tele style. Hopefully get it back to a comfortable 9.5lbs.
    Or just get a harness instead of a strap.
    We’ll see!

wildeman likes this.
  6. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I had a fender acoustic for years. No, a Martin it is not, but it was a serious work horse. Wasn’t nearly as good looking as this though.

larryb likes this.
  7. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I had a fender acoustic for years. No, a Martin it is not, but it was a serious work horse. Wasn’t nearly as good looking as this though.

8. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    My 3 current Fenders....I still need more Teles and a Jazzy!!!

curr.jpg

Flouswa, JC higgy, mbkri and 3 others like this.
  9. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    mbkri and panhead6zero like this.
  10. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    mbkri likes this.
  11. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Thanks Larry! I had to build it myself. I don't have the talent or money to go Custom shop!! Still came in around $1100 when all was said and done! With me making the pic guard too!

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  12. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Awesome job!!! Love Fender's Shell pink

13. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Thanks man!

On the Coronado, the bad first: the bridge post bushings were installed ~3/32" or so too far from the nut to allow for proper intonation w/ the stock bridge (and most aftermarket bridges I tried except the ABM2400). I wound up pulling the bushings and putting a Kluson harmonica bridge on there and problem more than solved... It's a pretty heavy guitar, I'm guessing it's got to break the 10lb. barrier and might be in spitting distance of 11. There's a heckuva lot of good, seems like all of the rest of the assembly aside from the bridge bushing location is superb, the wood and finish are really quite nice looking to me (better than my supplied picture in person), it's got a very comfortable and generous neck profile and board, and It's got a pretty big booty but is well balanced and still manages to be comfortable to play seated or standing (w/ a good strap). I think this is the best I've ever heard the Fidelitrons (good enough that I've had pretty much no impulse to swap for TVJs or Gretsch Filters) and while they have an abundance of bite, it never hits me as shrill or icepicky like many of the Cabronitas I've tried have.

Overlooking the one fairly bad fail on the bridge location I think it's a really great guitar.

LOL, yeah it was a little surprising to me when I went through them to post up in this thread. What's more disconcerting is that I have 3 more that have been on the auction block for a couple years that are technically still mine, and another one coming in tomorrow...:oops: It's only a problem if I let it be though, right?;)

panhead6zero and larryb like this.
  14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Cool! Thanks Sid...My Starcaster was really perfect and the Coronados are definitely still on my radar!

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  15. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Here’s my current Fenders. The Squier Thinline now has a Fender MIM ‘69 neck, but same guitar with Lollar CCs—total partscaster.

C6F3E8B1-8C3A-49B1-B217-E816E875DB91.jpeg 6CBA6A70-FB63-475B-9FEA-7EE2E022F0A2.jpeg 8DCE35FA-DE68-483F-85FA-A34D1B04DF56.jpeg 7A68DE03-3EC7-4590-9284-E0E39DB7E51D.jpeg

Telechamp, Merc, panhead6zero and 8 others like this.
  16. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    emitex likes this.
  17. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks man! Yeah it’s my AV65 Thinskin in OTM, a real deserted island guitar.

mbkri, larryb and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  18. emitex

emitex Synchromatic

Aug 21, 2014
    NYC
    Just a few weeks old and it's getting all my attention at the moment. All prepped and ready for a Bigsby B5. Waiting for a good deal. Squier Classic Vibe Thinline. Great guitar!
    [​IMG]

Telechamp, Merc, BorderRadio and 4 others like this.
  19. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Nice! Next time I b5 a tele, i’m going to go this way with the bridge. The fender b5 kit had a terrible bridge, and the alternatives are expensive!

Sid Nitzerglobin and emitex like this.
  20. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Only three ,at the moment anyway.;)

2015 American True Vintage 52 Tele.
    [​IMG]

2014 60th Anniversary 1954 Strat.
    [​IMG]

And me trying to relive my youth as Steve Harris! :oops::D
    2013 MIM Precision
    [​IMG]

blueruins, Telechamp, Merc and 8 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice