Have we had a Fender February post before?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by mbkri, Feb 5, 2019.

1. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Let’s see yer Fenders. A077243C-18DE-46BE-A97D-3156D62F42EE.jpeg FCE8DEF4-67A7-4E98-A300-03CD4A97EE3A.jpeg 3D0E4356-CF8B-41AA-84AC-7548D8BAE323.jpeg
    American Deluxe Powerbridge, Nashville Powerbridge, American Standard heavily modded, Johnny Marr Jaguar

2. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    My '13 Strat. Only Fender i own now but ive had a pile of them. 20181215_125929.jpg

3. radd

radd Synchromatic

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I’ll play

95E80DD1-D50F-4D4C-AD14-7A01D4AB380B.jpeg 2C19BAFC-899F-4FCC-BA1B-D43C1A3FB118.jpeg

4. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    That pearloid plate looks a lot better against red than against the Olympic white on mine. Nice. New York Dolls supporting the Stooges. That must have been a great night. Wish I’d been there for that one.

wildeman likes this.
  5. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Conrad those are immaculate. Perfect. You ought to put Schaller strap locks on to keep them safe..... oh, wait, you just sold them to me. I will be putting them on all mine when they arrive.

6. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    BC6A1BBA-FF73-43F4-955B-7F7FD5ABD30C.jpeg
    Squier quacker
    C8D4DE12-2333-443B-8FDA-98E3FC07E3B5.jpeg
    12 pound anvilcaster

7. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    12 lbs????? Whoah now. Seriously? I wouldn’t last till the third verse!
    Do I spy a Mastery bridge?

calebaaron666 likes this.
  8. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Haha more like 11 lbs and change. I have a weight loss plan i’m going to execute in the coming months.
    Yes, mastery bridge. The jag/jazzmaster bridge that came with the fender b5 kit wasn’t optimal.

mbkri likes this.
  9. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    calebaaron666 likes this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Black with top binding is an Aerodyne Strat CIJ loaded with first Gen Hot Noiseless pups. The Blizzard Pearl 60th Anniversary MIM Strat with Tex Mex pups, the Fender web site at one time stated they were hotter Tex Mex pups then the normal ones, liek Jimmie Vaugh I think< but most dealer sites just stated tex me. Either way, both these guitars sound great, the MIM being more bluesy to me and the Aerodyne being very clear and sounds really good clean. 60th is alder body maple neck the Aerodyne Basswood and really resonates through the whole body. 60th has a big c neck the Aerodyne had a slim very fast neck. The 60th will have a coffin case soon but with black linings, like the Aerodyne has. Love that case. In this picture, you can see a replacement maple neck on the 60th. I saved the original 60th anni neck with the badge in it but it took on such a terrible bow it was not playable and all the humidifying and truss rod adjustments never could fix it. Maybe a neck press which I haven't tried yet. Sad really the original neck has a very nice aged toner on it, beautiful color. I hope this one ages to that sort of color. Maybe I should let it sit in the sun. The Aerodyne has white pup covers. I don't know why I did that but at the time I thought the contrast was cool. I still think that but wonder sometimes if I should have put black ones in. IMG_6968.jpg IMG_7796.jpg

11. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx @Sid Nitzerglobin! Still needs a better trem block. These pickups are the most stratty sounding strat pickups i’ve ever heard.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  12. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    I’m not familiar with the Aerodyne strat ( not familiar with strats at all, not generally a strat fan) but the bound body totally does it for me. That’s awesome. I think the binding calls for the white p/u covers.

Bertotti likes this.
  13. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yea, I would buy another Aerodyne they had several colors but then there was a lawsuit and they had to stop doing the top binding. There was an Aerodyne Tele as well and that is the Tele I always wanted but have never found while I had the cash to pursue it. I don't have a Tele and it seems like the right one for me, someday. I think it had a P90 in the neck position.

14. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  15. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    The current crop in as close to reverse order of acquisition as I can recall...

Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
    [​IMG]
    Classic Player (?) '72 Telecaster Custom FSR
    [​IMG]
    PartsStang w/ '78 Mustang body and Offset Series neck:
    [​IMG]
    Pawn Shop Super-Sonic
    [​IMG]
    Cyclone
    [​IMG]
    American Vintage '52 Telecaster
    [​IMG]
    Modern Player Coronado II
    [​IMG]
    Gretsch-inated Offset Series Duo-Sonic
    [​IMG]
    Pawn Shop '72
    [​IMG]
    Squier VI
    [​IMG]
    Johnny Marr Jaguar
    [​IMG]
    Classic Series '50s Stratocaster
    [​IMG]
    Lee Ranaldo Jazzblaster
    [​IMG]
    And finally, my first Fender, a '63 Jazzmaster
    [​IMG]
    Sheesh, I guess I might like Fenders...

16. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Ooooooooh there’s some stunners there, but this one gets my vote.

17. Daktari9

Daktari9 Gretschie

Dec 17, 2010
    Australia
    1966 Vintage jazzmaster 83 Telecaster Dan smith IMG_3510.jpg IMG_3750.jpg

18. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I love your collection!! Tell me the good and bad about the Coronado? I had the Starcaster and It was amazing; still regret getting rid of that one. I have wanted a red Coronado for quite sometime, but was concerned they might be a little harsh sounding with the Fidelitrons

19. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
  20. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City

You have more Fenders than a parking lot!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice