Guitar Log

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by mbkri, May 10, 2019.

1. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Yeah, im with you on the regular maintainance thing, and i change the strings when they need changing not because of the logbook. Its a bit like the ships captain sitting alone at night in the creaking timbers of his cabin, recording the events of the voyage.... no maybe its not even a little bit like that. I like to keep a record of what ive done because i cant remember last month let alone what guitar i used to put down the guitar track on a song a year ago or which bridges ive had on the roundup trying to get it to sound the way it ought to. Obviously not for everyone, and its certainly not something that i let get in the way of playing. I think it helps me get more intimately acquainted with them though.

2. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Tell D’Addario or JustStrings. They could have the app automatically reorder the strings for you.

mbkri, mrfixitmi and blueruins like this.
  3. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm currently rotating 30+ electrics and a half dozen mandolins, and a few amps.
    For insurance purposes I put together a little MS Word page where serial numbers and descriptions are logged.
    But I use a system like T Bone's for keeping track of string changes, and receipts for any mods or repairs.

mbkri likes this.
  4. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    That's actually a good idea! If nothing else, for insurance purposes or if something ever disappears.

At least if something happened to me someone would have an idea of what they're dealing with too.

lp_bruce and mbkri like this.
  5. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Fascinating...I never considered doing this.

I used to have a log of gear settings used to match tones on recordings.

A friend and I would each select a song once a week that we loved the guitar tones on and we’d do our best to match them with our gear and our Egnater Tweakers.

At the end of the week we’d see who got the closest and learn how each approached it.

lp_bruce and mbkri like this.
  6. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    I have a photo album including pics of all my guitars, recording equipment, amps and parts added or deleted. Plus a copy of the cover of the package my strings came in, with dates installed and if I like or don't like. I call it Johnny's guitar book.

mbkri and sh4rkbyt3 like this.
  7. GreTschocaster

GreTschocaster Gretschie

Feb 11, 2013
    Canada
    I never thought to do this but I do keep photos of my guitars including the serial numbers. Fun to go back and look at them.

mbkri likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice