Gretsch Winter NAMM

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Merc, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    A 2.25” G5420 is a great idea.

section2 and new6659 like this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    center block kills it for me, thats a gibson thing not a gretsch thing. I get it of course, gretsch wants the gibson guys but..ehhhh. :)

3. xtcclassic

xtcclassic Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Missouri
    I haven’t heard them and have no reason to think they sound bad. But my understanding is that they are PAF-sized, making replacing themselves with regular TVJ Filter’Trons more complicated, and I prefer the look of standard Filter’Trons to their PAF-mount replacements.

4. xtcclassic

xtcclassic Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Missouri

What’s weird is his main Falcon isn’t a center block so I was surprised to hear his signature Falcon was, but that’s what he said.

5. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Electromatic

Jun 5, 2019
    East Lancashire, UK
    More products with Dynasonic/T Armond & P90s please!

Groutsch, Mellowcat, larryr and 4 others like this.
  6. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Merc and audept like this.
  7. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    The good thing about being retired is that all the new stuff coming out doesn't drive me nuts anymore! Lol

I just enjoy seeing what the latest Gretsch offerings are and smile. No danger of anything coming home.

Now if today's stuff was offered a few years back, the VS '59 DuoJet and black SS 6120 would be at home and getting played.

I'm a lush for those Gretsch Vintage V necks and Filters.

I'm lucky and now just enjoy and tweek the sweethearts that I have.

LongJohn and Merc like this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    New DC Penguin with an ice blue metal flake top! Single coils, Hilo’s preferably or T-Armonds, nice Bigsby butter knife, not a tension bar one, mud switch, and a swimming pool route! Silver binding, silver appointments, open gear tuners jewel knobs. One of those tweed type cases, with a deep royal blue lining. Other than that I haven’t put much thought into it. ⛄️☃️

RomanS, Buckyboy and Merc like this.
  9. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    That might be easy to say when you have a very beautiful (and unique) Quilt top!

G5422T and Merc like this.
  10. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Well, it does help and thanks for the compliment.

new6659 likes this.
  11. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    More silver and less gold.

Echocat23, Buckyboy, Henry and 6 others like this.
  12. Mellowcat

Mellowcat Electromatic

Aug 22, 2013
    VA
    What they said.

CaseyJames, southpaw185 and Merc like this.
  13. jarrodtaylor

jarrodtaylor Electromatic

Mar 14, 2019
    Delray Beach, FL
    What I with they’d release but know they won’t:

A 2.5” deep 6120 with a raised neck and that Torque Transfer Bracing that Grez uses in their acoustic guitars (as in, let the entire top vibrate and leave it up to me to deal with feedback). A single treble bleed volume control on the lower bout, a pickup selector and a tone switch on the upper bout (no individual pickup volumes), all the nice wiring and pots and selectors and jack, etc., a jack plate. A soft V neck with a 9.5” ebony fingerboard and rolled edges. Stainless steel 6105 frets. A bone nut (the Tusq ones seem fine though). Locking tuners. Thin top. Thin paint. Strap locks. Titanium serpentune Tru-Arc bridge. Bigsby with a soft spring. TV Jones Ray Butts pickups. Chrome hardware. And flat wound 11’s.

Edit: Maybe a 9.5”-12” compound? I’ve yet to try one.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Echocat23, RomanS and Merc like this.
  14. southpaw185

southpaw185 Electromatic

Jul 13, 2017
    San Diego
    I'd love to see some some sunburst or natural color options in the Pro line, specifically the Country Club. Also, as others have said, more dyna options.

RomanS and Merc like this.
  15. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Richard who?? Amazed that FMIC can't see the potential of a Neil Young signature Falcon, not to mention the universal name recognition compared to Richard whats-his-face. (No disrespect to Mr. Fortus, as I'm sure he's a wonderful guitarist.)

16. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Perhaps Mr. Young isn't interested in a signature guitar. He has plenty of money and maybe his ego is satisfied. He never did one for Gibson, I dont think, and his Les Paul is better known and would be easier to sell than a stereo falcon.

larryb likes this.
  17. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Of course... that's very possible. (especially knowing Neil's views on everything corporate)

Henry likes this.
  18. Jrgtr

Jrgtr Electromatic

Dec 14, 2019
    Atx
    I would like a line of workhorse Gretsch guitars in the $1599 price point. A step above Electromatics but a little less expensive than the pro line but still a pro level model.

I’m not saying I know what this means in terms of what specs these would entail. But you know you can find a strat at $699,$1199,1899, etc.

And don’t get me wrong - I think the Electromatics are really good guitars. Almost bought one that I had on loan for several months but found a deal on a Setzer.

Echocat23, southpaw185 and Merc like this.
  19. r0de0

r0de0 Gretschie

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    An Electromatic Billy Bo Jupiter Thunderbird!

JC higgy and Merc like this.
  20. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I remember this one coming up numerous times in the past. I wish Gretsch would take notice.

r0de0 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice