For Sale Gretsch Synchromatic 1949

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by GregS, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

1. GregS

GregS Newbie

Feb 8, 2020
    Clearwater, Florida
    1949 Gretsch Synchromatic. This one is wonderful, nice tone, good action....and the Spruce top, flame maple back and sides are beautiful. For a 71 year old it's in great condition with finish checking that isn't distracting from the beauty of the wood. The fretboard and frets are excellent. The neck is straight, and all the binding is excellent. Nothing to do but play her! Comes with the original hard shell case.
    Gretsch Synchromatic 2.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 12.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 5.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 8.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 3.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 4.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 6.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 10.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 11.JPG Gretsch Synchromatic 7.JPG
    Asking $1400+$60 shipping.

2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Damn that’s purty. Good condition too. GLWTS

3. Very nice. Where was this when i lived in Clearwater? All i ever saw was cheap les Paul’s and pointy guitars.

4. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Gorgeous! In 1949 (around serial #4000) Gretsch began applying a paper label inside the body of their archtops. If your Synchromatic is in fact a '49 model year example that label should have a model number of 6014, as this was the next evolution of the Synchromatic model 100 that was produced through the war and early post-war years.

Here it is in the Gretsch 1948/49 catalog (item B). It's referenced as the Synchro "100" but note the model indicator at the bottom is X6014, as the transition was occurring as this catalog was being produced.

1948:49 cat*.jpeg 1948:49 cat.2*.jpeg Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 9.01.44 PM.png

drmilktruck, thunder58 and Groutsch like this.
  5. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Nice and well preserved instrument... :cool:

A+!

6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Beautiful guitar . Best with the sale

7. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    If I didn't lose such a large chunk in the market I would be seriously thinking about purchasing this beauty...best of luck with her!

8. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Beauty! That guitar is as old as I am, and in far better shape!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice