For Sale Gretsch Hawaiian Deluxe Ltd Ed Guitar G3440, rare bird

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:37 PM.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Gretsch Hawaiian Deluxe Guitar (circa 1999)
    • Part of the Gretsch Historic Series, also known as G3440, this is a rare guitar!
    • Laminated Maple back & sides, with a hint of birdseye figure
    • Solid Sitka Spruce top
    • Gorgeous sunburst over the entire body
    • Bound, pearloid-ish, white moto celluloid fretboard
    • Neo-classic black half-moon position markers on the bass side of the fingerboard
    • Laminated Maple neck
    • B/W/B/W/B soundhole purfling
    • White moto celluloid headstock faceplate decorated with a palm tree, builder logo, and a banner reading "Hawaiian"
    • The headstock and fretboard are bound, with purflings lines, the mark of a top of the line instrument
    • The top, back & sides also have decorative purfling lines
    • Gold enclosed, vintage style tuning machines
    • Ebony bridge
    • Black pickguard
    • The guitar is the same shape/size as a Gibson L-1
    It weighs about 4.5lbs, a nut width of just 1 11/16 inches and a scale length of 24 3/4 inches.

notes: This guitar came to me as a left handed instrument or rather it was wired left handed even though its a right handed guitar. so there are some extra screw holes for the pickguard. as well an extra hole for the 1/4" jack. Guitar is beautiful and in excellent shape, it just has these blems. I have also installed grover imperials.
    The Pickup is a Bigsby recreation by Eric Galetta (of Charvel guitar fame). There are jacks for both the stock fishman piezo bridge pickup for traditional sound and the other jack is for the soundhole pickup.
    $1650 (shipping will run $68 before the rockies, and $85 to the other side. I'm in san diego) the only trade I would take is a post FMIC black duojet 57'

fullsizeoutput_11c9.jpeg ANK%lfhTR6G9%BV+QwtNeg.jpg

buncha pics (click below) of one sold ages ago, in its original set up (gold hardware, eesh)
    https://www.guitargal.com/products/gretsch-hawaiian-deluxe-ltd-ed-guitar

Attached Files:

2. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Freaking fantastic, Tavo! I know I heard about these at some point and assumed they were set up to play lap steel, but now I see what's up. Fascinating choice for a reissue, that's for sure. Not to everyone's taste I guess, but what a truly eye-catching cowboy/ragtime/early blooze guitar it would make for a retro geek (like me), especially with that pickup. Wish I could go for it but so many other priorities first :( - good luck with the sale, don't imagine these come up often, never mind with such tasty mods.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'd hope to hang on to it but I have a 52' ES-150 coming and I want to have it paid in full before it hits my porch. I dont finance anything houses :)

Alberta_Slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice