Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Gretsch gas

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Johnyrocco, Dec 5, 2017.

1. MikeyUK

MikeyUK Gretschie

Dec 15, 2016
    Rochdale, GB
    By order of this esteemed subject of her majesty Queen Elizabeth you are hereby deemed worthy. Go forth and spend

panhead6zero likes this.
  2. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Gretschie

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City

YIKES! Thank YOU! I do like the lime green Hot Rods!

3. gimmodog

gimmodog Electromatic

Nov 1, 2017
    Kentucky
    this kind or

The first picture Bertotti put up is the one the store had in stock. They have since sold it! (groan)

If you keep watching different dealers one may have a sale on it as a Christmas sale or to blow out their final inventory--but then again they may start getting scarce and hard to find. Wish there was a way to find out just how many were made in the "Limited Edition" run and if the candy apple red will only be a one time run. I got my limited edition candy apple red 5420 a couple months ago thru amazon for under $800 where everyone else was asking $899 or $949. Last month Adorama had an amazing sale price on the blue or green 5420 (if maybe you are not dead set on the CAR). I do hope you can find one cause the CAR with all gold hardware is beautiful but I'm sure they all sound great.

4. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    What do you expect in a Gretsch-Forum?! ;)

It's for sure different and that is a matter of taste.

BTW, very important ... I highly recommend buying a current generation G542x with the smaller headstock, which is a much better guitar, than the former generation, which often needed a setup hassle to get tuning stability. The Aspen Green for example is the old gen with the huge headstock, which leads to a too huge brake angle of the strings. Some people even needed to exchange the nut to get rid of tuning instability with Bigsby use.

PS: If you love green, maybe also check out this nice G5622:

[​IMG]

5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Welcome.
    The new Gretsch will be the ticket to one of the nicest communities in the net.

G DynaTron likes this.
  6. gimmodog

gimmodog Electromatic

Nov 1, 2017
    Kentucky
    this is good to know for anyone ordering without seeing the actual guitar

7. WernerF

WernerF Gretschie

Jan 14, 2015
    Antwerp,Belgium
    Welcome to the forum. Buying your first Gretsch is like giving yourself "to the dark side" !! There is no way back. It's a thing for life ! Succes !!

8. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Just visit the Gretsch website and look through the current models and compare to the shop's photos, I'd recommend.

www.gretschguitars.com

9. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
  10. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT Johnyrocco!

11. gimmodog

gimmodog Electromatic

Nov 1, 2017
    Kentucky
  12. MarkyMac

MarkyMac Gretschie

My friend swears that the formula for the correct number of guitars to own = the amount you have now... plus One. He owns a guitar shop.
    sell-guitar-joke.jpg

13. Reedlvr

Reedlvr Electromatic

Friday
    Texas
    Well said Synchro!

14. salvatore

salvatore Electromatic

Nov 29, 2017
    The Sea Ranch
    GAS is a condition that sits at the core of one's being - an internal flame- that burns brightly with the irrestible promise of the realization of the unattainable.
    It is an adventure that is a treasure hunt where one finds the chest of silver.
    And you can never go wrong with Gretsch guitars.

15. Synchro

Synchro Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I think that GAS is a manifestation of something deeper. We all have hopes and aspirations and GAS is one example of this. GAS is not always a good thing, it can become obsessive and that's never good. OTOH, if you don't have anything to look forward to you'll be unhappy. We need aspirations.

16. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Gretschie

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Having a small house with no basement limits the amount of gear I can have. Also being a hobbyist it is not really needed. I have been thinking about an Eastwood Sidejack DLX for surf. I am reluctant to get one as I already have a Jag?! The Sidejacks look so cool though and they are really affordable. Then I tell myself, learn to play first!....

17. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I readily admit that me spending a lot of money on guitar gear is partly a symptom of a midlife (mini)crisis.

G DynaTron and Aymara like this.
  18. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    I am some of the few members on the forum that have an additional limit : I am Lefty :(...

A+!

19. Synchro

Synchro Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    It’s a real shame that there are so few choices for the left-handed player. It’s simply a matter of numbers, the market is smaller so there are fewer choices. OTOH, left-handed people are frequently gifted with creativity, so there are compensating factors.

20. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Hi Johnny, welcome to Gretsch Talk. I was going to say something cute and encouraging but I thought about it for a minute.

So, in getting very serious for a moment....

You are racing towards 65. I understand that as I am 62 myself. If you don't get that guitar now, then when? You are a long time dead my friend. If you don't live your life now, the opportunity to do so may be lost all too soon. Get it now, play it like you're 17.

gimmodog and panhead6zero like this.