Gretsch G5622T Electromatic $449 Adorama

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by johnnytuinals, Dec 9, 2019.

1. johnnytuinals

johnnytuinals Electromatic

Jul 4, 2012
    poconos
    I think that these where at $499 on Black Friday.
    On Cyber Monday they went down too $449 with No tax and Free Shipping.
    I really was nottttt to interested in buying another guitar since I bought 4 NEW Gibson ES guitars from the CME SALE 2 years ago[ES137,ES335,ES335,ES330 with bigsby that are still in their cases not used}
    Anyways these guitars went back to $799 - $899 today but I still had a Orange in my shopping cart for $449 I felt why not buy one and got it at the Sale price.
    I felt that these are the last of the South Korea guitars and all future guitars are made in China YUKKKK.From reading reviews many say that these are well built guitars but some are not happy with the pickups.But whoever wants one better jump on one since I feel they will be gone soon....What are you thoughts???JT

2. stevekolt

stevekolt Electromatic

Dec 1, 2019
    West by God Virginia
    Got mine today! I will be taking it to my tech for a better set-up, possibly some nut work. Like the pickups, but will have to see how it goes at practice tomorrow with the full band. Finish workk is great, especially at this price point IMHO.

3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    These are insane deals for what you get, IMHO. I just got mine today.

Nothing wrong with China made Gretsch, the Pro Jet and now Electromatic Jet line are definitely high quality instruments. My main thing is having a rosewood board, so happy to get this G5622T version.

I love the pickups so far. They probably got rid of them because they are similar to Hilotrons, not so heavy in mids and maybe lack the output people want. Broadtrons are a travesty to my purist brain, but I’m sure it’s what sells at the moment, so more power to Gretsch :)

jfassett likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice