Gretsch event this past Saturday in the D

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by T Bone, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:57 AM.

1. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Last Saturday, Rock City Music Company in Livonia MI (just outside Detroit) held a Gretsch Event. Nice store that carries a pretty good selection of Gretsch guitars.

Also present was Reverend Horton Heat, who went on stage and played a solo set of off the cuff songs on one of his Signature Series 6120 RHH Gretsches. He told some great stories between songs, took some questions, and after, did a meet and greet. Very cool guy.

No pics were allowed once he took the stage, but I got some shots of guitars they had on display.

Also met one Gentleman who brought up a rare Green Sparkle Jet from I think 1995? Said there were only two made, both went to Brian Setzer. Story goes Brian gave one to sound/recording guys at some studio, it found it's way to a local Detroit area Studio, passed through a few owners and wound up with him (I can't verify any of that, but it is a cool guitar!)
    20191130_132941.jpg

20191130_141433.jpg 20191130_141422.jpg 20191130_141404.jpg 20191130_141151.jpg 20191130_141158.jpg

Waxhead, Jeff67, nickurso and 9 others like this.
  2. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
  3. slickfaster

slickfaster Gretschie

Dec 29, 2009
    Redondo bch.
    Rev’s the man!!
    Thanks for the coverage!!

T Bone likes this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Gretsch event's are great . Glad you had a blast

T Bone likes this.
  5. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Ugh. Reading this was the only time I've regretted leaving Detroit.

T Bone likes this.
  6. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I'll have to post more stuff to make you regret leaving this city! Actually has a lot going for it, despite the problems. And the impending Winter wather...

7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Josh and Billy D. over on the GDP had one of those green sparkle Jets.

T Bone likes this.
  8. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    fibs.

9. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Supposedly what made this one rare was the year I think? Believe it was either a 92 or a 95. And again, I have no way of verifying his story. Was just cool to see a green sparkly jet show up for the event. Made me wish I'd taken one of my Gretsches.

Another cool guitar that showed up and I didn't get a pic, one of the Koffin Kats (think it was Vic Victor) showed up with a cool 6118 (not green) and had the Reverend add his signature to it (he had others on it, maybe Brian Setzer, not sure).

Nah, truth. Really. How long you been gone? No matter, we like what we like. This is home to me. Born here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice