Wanted Gretsch Committee Bass 7629

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Far To Many, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Far To Many

Far To Many Electromatic

Dec 31, 2018
    Upstate, NY
    I have been thinking about my next purchase, I need a different bass, and for me, a Committee bass looks like it might fill the part. So with that, Does anyone have one they would like to sell? I'd prefer a 1978 for the clear pickguard, but a good deal could sway me otherwise.

Would like to find a stock unmolested bass, but quite honestly, if it was a project, I might very well consider that too.

If your interested, I have a partial trade in the form of a 5022 Falcon Rancher guitar in mint barely used condition, with non Gretsch hardshell case.

Let me know what you have. PM me here or at my email: crazydart400 AT yahoo DOT com

2. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Good luck with the search, I presume you've seen this one on Reverb for $999.

Never held one, but I'm guessing the neckdive is strong with this one.

[​IMG]

Far To Many likes this.
  3. Far To Many

Far To Many Electromatic

Dec 31, 2018
    Upstate, NY
    Yes, I have seen it. It actually is a nice base, but a couple things bother me enough, that I feel the price is a bit high. I might shoot an offer to see though. That is probably really close to your neck of the woods.

As far as neck dive, I have been living with a SG bass for many years, heck even my short scale EB-0 from 1971 dives. Big wide straps help a bunch.

englishman likes this.