Grestch pix, from Laurel Canyon...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by j.s.c, Aug 12, 2019.

1. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    [​IMG]

Just want to share the cool pic of the birth of Woodstock song => 6120 + Stills, Young on keyboards, Greg Reeves, Dallas Taylor and Nash with a tele. Charles Manson has been seen hiding underneath the tree with David Crosby probably with some other stuffs...

Trash Kidd, G5422T, vyndance and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Gretschie

Jun 2, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    Woodstock was a Joni Mitchall song. David wouldn't be anywhere near Charlie. Cool picture, none the less.

ishtar likes this.
  3. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    That had to have been quite a scene, Laurel Canyon in the late ‘60s. Even to this day, just a few blocks off of Sunset, it seems secluded and rural. Then you get to the top of the canyon and have a bird’s eye view of Burbank. :)

Charlie westside likes this.
  4. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    It's not to far from where I live. Back in the 60's early 70's it was regarded as part of the hippie scene.

5. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    As best I understand it, Laurel Canyon has always been a bit Bohemian. It was home to more than it’s share of artists over the years, and a place for someone in the movie industry to live which was convenient to their trade, yet secluded.

6. G5422T

G5422T Synchromatic

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Always haved loved this pic. History in the making.

Loved Neil's "Sea of Madness."

7. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    .... oh to be young again

8. Charlie westside

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Still.

9. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Speaking of Laurel Canyon, really looking forward to seeing Echoes In The Canyon, missed it in the theater, but pre ordered the DVD on Amazon. Due here on Sept. 10th.

10. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

There are lots of interesting places in Southern California. Some are quite famous, and a few are infamous.

11. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    It was really the epicenter of the hippie scene, in Southern California, as much as the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood in San Francisco.

12. Charlie westside

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    I drive through Laurel Canyon all the time and always think about it. It's a great drive and a very pricey neighborhood. That was our route when our band would play at the Whisky or the Troubadour in Hollywood back in the 80's and 90's.
    We would just take Laurel Canyon and cut across rather than take the freeway.

13. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Nice array of amps...

14. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    And to think it was affordable at one time. Just like Venice.

15. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I saw it at the local "indie" theater here - really enjoyed it.

T Bone likes this.
  16. salvatore

salvatore Electromatic

Nov 29, 2017
    Durham, NC
    Quite a cast of characters communed in the canyon in the 60’s: Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds , CSNY, Zappa, The Mammas and the Pappas to name a few; Arthur Lee, Jim Morrison, Eric Clapton and Hendrix all passed through the canyon and hung. It was the place to go and to be.

Some great music created in them thar hills set above Sunset Blvd, a little Magical Kingdom that flourished and blossomed before too much ego, too many drugs, and the nature of the beast called fame, had its way.

I grew up at the beach 20 minutes southwest of The Strip. The vibe was euphoric exhilaration.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice