Got to say,I’m impressed.....Rev Spring

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by bobk, Jan 18, 2020.

1. bobk

bobk Electromatic

Dec 30, 2017
    Nc
    Read a few posts about em on here. I figured $10 is worth the experiment....and IT WAS.... love the change in the feel of the bigsby on my 5420t now!....it took a few seconds to swap out, retune and just like that, very much improved feel. Very responsive. Glad I gave it a try!

2. capnhiho

capnhiho Gretschie

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Ditto!
    One of the best mods I’ve made on my 5420!

G5422T and bobk like this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Right? Best 10 bucks I ever spent.

audept, TSims1, G5422T and 2 others like this.
  4. BennytheJet

BennytheJet Electromatic

Dec 6, 2019
    Arlington, WA
    Amen!

I'll sing it from the hilltops. It's shocking how much more fun and functional the Bigsby is with one of these installed.

Rob Williams, TSims1, G5422T and 2 others like this.
  5. Jeff67

Jeff67 Gretschie

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Love it on my 2622T. Before the spring change, the end of the bar was really high above the top of the guitar- way too much of a stretch for my short fingers, and had a really stiff feel. It's half as high as it was now and in the perfect spot for me, with a completely different feel now. Best $10 spent so far.

G5422T and bobk like this.
  6. bobk

bobk Electromatic

Dec 30, 2017
    Nc
    It’s just the perfect feel and action now! This is my first hollow body guitar and only my second with a tremolo.....setup completely different from my Tele but I’m starting to get the feel of it.....mostly for chord shimmers,etc.......thanks guys for pointing me in this direction on the forum! Lots of great info to be had here, I’ll definitely be sticking around and hope I’ll be able to contribute to the discussions along the way!

rockinforJesus and G5422T like this.
  7. MikeSchindler

MikeSchindler Synchromatic

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I said this before the Rev was great in my 5420 but did not work out on my Sslvo for some reason.. I just couldn’t get the setup right with it. The feel and playability on the 5420 is amazing with it.

bobk and G5422T like this.
  8. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    I bought several too. Really like them, but I have that "special" 7/8" Gretsch spring in my Gent that's staying put.

For some reason, this one particular spring sits just right for handle height, and feels just right too. Go figure.

All my other springs have been changed happily to the Reverend.

These are well worth having, and for $10, worth trying out.

audept and bobk like this.
  9. capnhiho

capnhiho Gretschie

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    I tried one in my Double Jet with B50 but it was too tall - lever stuck out at about a 45 degree angle. Had to go with the 7/8” Bigsby spring. Stiff but pointed in the right direction.

10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I bought a few Reverend soft springs and really liked them, then I saw the BriggsFix lacquered brass squishy springs and bought some of those for my gold Bigsbys. I think that they are even better than the Rev springs.
    https://bricksbiggsfix.com/product/sss-g/

T Bone likes this.
  11. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Country Gent

Jul 5, 2014
    SE QLD
    I have no idea why the original springs are so naff. Soft spring is a MUST.

bobk and audept like this.
  12. bobk

bobk Electromatic

Dec 30, 2017
    Nc
    Such a different feel! Next will be replacement of Blacktops withTVJones......and Sperzels..........

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice