Got a new amp this weekend

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Lockupyourfatdog, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    upload_2019-10-20_16-58-4.jpeg

Tone Master twin reverb. What can be said! It’s a twin! Only better. I can play this one in my apartment without receiving an eviction notice. It’s a practice amp, it’s a gigging amp, it’s responsive and sounds perfect! My next task is to get a really long extension cord so I can play it in my truck (I drive truck for work). The Roland micro cube I have in the truck is just dumb now.

2. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Electromatic

Nov 9, 2015
    Valrico, Florida
    HNAD, Congratulations!

3. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Nice, Congrads

4. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    I need to know more about this one!

MKunie likes this.
  5. GVDobler

GVDobler Synchromatic

May 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Very nice , congrats.

6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Nothing dumb about a micro cube and most certainly nothing dumb in your post . Beautiful amp . Congratulations and enjoy

emitex and Lockupyourfatdog like this.
  7. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    I do love the micro cube. I’ve used them a lot. They’re great for the truck. I’ve even used them for gigs in a pinch by plugging them right into a pa. But compared to the tone master it’s like there’s just no point in using anything else.

8. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I have only played through the Deluxe Reverb version, but REALLY enjoyed it! I imagine this one is just as good but louder! Enjoy it, these are pretty doggone rad.

9. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    looks great and sounds better I'm sure

10. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
  11. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Congrats. I must admit... when I first saw your pic, I bought it was the "old fashioned" tube twin. I think Fender really did the right thing by giving this series the classic look. Hope you enjoy it and please let us know how it sounds as you break it in.

12. i still have mine. Think i am close to guitar centers return policy, but will most likely keep it. If i get a few minutes to pick up a guitar, i plug and play. It’s really quiet when you turn it on. My delta blues sounds like a small wind storm when you turn it on. The fender 57 twin has a slight on sound, but this is quiet. Plus with the attenuator i can play with a full sound at lower levels. So far it has been practical. I will put it next to a twin one day, but no one i know has one.

13. If i keep it, i am taking off the tonemaster logo.

Gretschmen65 likes this.
  14. BuddieGreen

BuddieGreen Gretschie

Sep 3, 2018
    indiana usa
    congrats, Damn cool amp. iv not played one but think i may have to try one out. enjoy!

Lockupyourfatdog likes this.
  15. sleeperNY

sleeperNY Gretschie

Jun 18, 2008
    central NY
    I have also had the Twin model long enough to use it at 7 or 8 gigs now. It isn't going anywhere. I love the sound and the lack of weight. I don't play at the edge of breakup on any of my amps, I like clean tones. The amp responds well with pick attack and harmonics seem to just jump out of it. This amp should keep me in the game a few more years anyway.

Jim

GlenP, emitex, MKunie and 1 other person like this.
  16. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Beautiful! GAS is officially ON :)

MKunie likes this.
  17. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Excellent. I tried out the Deluxe for a week or so and it was very nice. I'm looking forward to trying the Twin!

18. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Those look great and are very interesting. I wonder how well these play with an overdrive/boost pedal in front, you know like a Tube Screamer, either when the amp is clean or dirty, with a clean or dirty boosted signal from the pedal. My guess is it would play nicely, I imagine they have designed it with that in mind. How does it sound just on the edge of breakup? Does the digital modeling amp capture the tube-type dynamic response to your playing intensity at the onset of soft clipping?

19. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    Congratulations,

played one last week and felt it performed as well as the best reviews.

The attenuator makes the twin my choice. Pretty sure one will follow me home soon. :)

GlenP likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice