Good source for P90 spacers?

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by wildeman, Jan 18, 2020.

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    So i raised the pickup on my Epi Jr. with some washers, around .100" and it sounds killer. It works fine but looks crap, who sells risers of various thicknesses for dog ears? 20200118_090206-1.jpg my phone wont take a good pic but you get my drift.

2. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    Ebay is where I got some. Allparts or Angela Instruments. I think. Lindy Fralin. Mine are thick, they have .10 I think too. My thick ones are a bit rough on the edges though. Looks like cut with a laser or waterjet device or something and not polished.

wildeman likes this.
  3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I get mine from Lollar, come in a pack with various thicknesses.

4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Nice vintage radius on that P90 cover! I hate the squared off modern ones.

Risers. I have nice Lollars which came with the pickups, and ones stamped Gotoh, which I got at Guitar parts resource, not sure they still exist though. You wouldn’t want those anyway. Like the ones from Allparts, they’re comically oversized, and need a lot of work to cut down to the correct size.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Ricochet likes this.
  6. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Cool, thanks fellas.

7. tolm

tolm Gretschie

Jan 25, 2016
    UK
    Yeh, I’d avoid the AllParts ones ... I had some lying around for years which I only recently had cause to use and they were so ridiculous too big it was just, well, ridiculous!

Managed to order some from Oil City Guitars (I’m in the UK) which was spot on for raising the bridge pickup after I’d retro-fitted dogear P90s to my 335.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice