Gibson isnt that bad

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Aaron1061, Sep 24, 2018.

1. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

And I should add I don’t find flaw’s in my GreTschs. Plus a couple pictures.

C31DF728-3DFB-4AF0-A500-29BCBBDDE140.jpeg A41CE7FE-E4AC-4289-A536-A7C6B6DD34B7.png

Crap picture, still have the Tele and my son the Root Beer LP. I stuck the Bigsby on the 335.

96DC74AA-F190-4EEB-BFCE-0E2E6FC20307.png

2. speedicut

speedicut Country Gent

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Some gorgeous Gibsons in this thread!

3. jtees4

jtees4 Electromatic

Aug 21, 2017
    USA
    but....but.....but.....HENRY! That's all I got, beautiful guitar....I love my Gibsons!

4. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Gretschie

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Very nice!

I have a couple of Wildwood spec. Custom shop Les Pauls that are stunning all the way around so I'm definitely not a Gibson hater. I love all guitars, as long as they are executed well!

1 person likes this.
  5. Always wanted a 335. Had a couple of similar guitars (D’Angelico EX-DC, Epiphone Dot Studio).

Finally got a Memphis ES-335 and, honestly, the D’Angelico was a better feeling and sounding instrument. Got rid of the 335 with no regrets.

Then I was fortunate to come across a CS-336. Same size as a 339, but with carved top and one piece mahogany back and sides. Incredible instrument. Regrets galore, as I sold it too.

Ultimately, I just felt more love for Gretsches.

Small sample, unscientific, but my two cents....

6. As a lefty, Wildwood got my attention about 10 years ago when they advertised around 20 lefty custom Joe Bonamossa Les Pauls. I was gobsmacked. Half were sunbursts, half gold tops.

That kind of thing almost never happens in the southpaw universe.

I got a chance to stop by their shop in Louisville, CO (this is the same Wildwood, I hope). and got to play one and it was absolutely fantastic. Aside from my arrhythmic playing, that is... An outstanding instrument.

7. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Gretschie

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Yeah Wildwood Guitars in Colorado. I have bought like 7 guitars from them over the years, all online! But I nver got a dog, great shop.
    Did you get that JB Les Paul?!

ishtar likes this.
  8. I wish! No. But yeah... I wish....

RocknRollShakeUp likes this.