G6120T-59 - No Compensated bridge/saddle

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by KA1J, Jan 22, 2019.

1. KA1J

KA1J Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Connecticut
    Hi,

I'm still tussling with which guitar to get. I think I've changed my thinking to the G6120T-59 Vintage Select because of the thicker neck and the TV Jones Classic pickups. One of the things bothering me though is the saddle, it's not compensated. There's really nothing I could do in that regard other than custom make one that is compensated. I wouldn't want to modify the existing one so making one out of maple or aluminum is that only option, either way, it'd be a lot of work to get the adjustments exactly right.

What do those with experience with these Gretsch linear bridges find when it comes to accuracy in fretting? How close to accurate are they or is it something that is something you have accept to overlook?

Thanks.

2. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    The first thing most of us do with a new Gretsch is replace the TOM bridge with either a Compton compensated bridge, Tru-Arc, or ABM roller ( I think that's what the third is)

3. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Oh, if you set it up right you will get good intonation..

4. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Not much of an issue. One piece bridges are pretty common among the members here.

5. KA1J

KA1J Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Connecticut
    Ah... more expense... ;) The only perfect guitar intonation-wise I have is an acoustic where I made the saddle as six individual bone saddles & sunk into the bridge where they belong. Ugly as sin but perfect intonation. Only problem is I made it for medium gauge and now that I use lights, I need to pull those out and reset with proper dimensions for light gauge.

I just looked for availability of the bridges you mentioned & don't see an order page where it fits the bridge that's standard on the specific Gretsch.

6. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Tru-Arc Serpentune bridge in plain-G or wound-G intonation versions will solve your problem. I recommend the Titanium or Brass.

7. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    If you holler at Tim from tru arc via email, and tell him what model you have, he’ll most certainly know what to recommend. Of course there are less expensive options. If it’s the bar bridge you don’t like, you could get a tuneomatic with individual saddles to adjust. I’ve found quality ones for a lot less $ than a tru arc.

8. dirtyoldbanjoman

dirtyoldbanjoman Electromatic

Jan 25, 2010
    Deltona,Fl
    I’ve got one and you can slide the bridge base to adjust the intonation to a point.
    My intonation is about spot on.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice