G6120EC case (i.e. G6241) default ?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by frdrc13, May 14, 2019 at 6:46 AM.

1. frdrc13

frdrc13 Electromatic

Monday
    FRANCE
    Does any of you have the "problem" with the handle of your Gretsch case as described in the attached video ?
    Mine (the 099-6411-000 G6241 16" Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case, Black included with my G6120) acts just like in the video and I'm afraid of a break making the case fall down and damaging the guitar. I think there's also a risk of accidental opening during a fall because of the "soft" locks.
    Any thoughts ?

2. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Because it's all shrinking when it's aging ... vintage rules btw (my old cases are not soft latches at all). :cool:)

3. Limuz

Limuz Gretschie

Sep 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    I have a Gretsch case as well, no big letters on it though. The handle has about the same play in it. Although I think I have the one-up model, with five latches and a lock.

4. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Get rid of it and buy a new case ( like an SKB ) if you're worried that it will break . A good case is the best insurance policy for a guitar ;)

frdrc13 likes this.
  5. frdrc13

frdrc13 Electromatic

Monday
    FRANCE
    I buy it but this case is new ! (at least sold as new :D) and vintage doesn't mean loose but getting smooth IMHO:cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice