G5622T Orange Stain from Adorama

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by stevekolt, Dec 5, 2019.

1. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I'm a sucker for a new guitar, but I can only justify so many semi-hollows. Don't tempt me! :D

Now, if they were selling 5422s at that price, the deal would already be done.

new6659 likes this.
  2. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Christmas Day 2018 I ordered my Hot Rod from them (super deal). Paid extra for two day shipping, which ended up not happening. There was an attempted delivery 4 days later (Saturday) but I was gone (signature required which I didn't know) so... got it the following Wed or Thurs I think, picking it up at the shipper.

Glitches in shipping (for which I was compensated) aside, the guitar was perfect, flawless and spectacular. It still is!

Congrats on your new guitar, in my book Adorama rocks. I would suggest calling about the price adjustment though, and keep an eye on tracking the shipment, does seem excessive.

section2 likes this.
  3. stevekolt

stevekolt Electromatic

Dec 1, 2019
    West by God Virginia
    Thanks everyone. Still wondering why the tracking # with USPS says "pre-shipment". They didn't ship UPS. I ordered online, and when I put in my delivery address, I was charged for shipping. I called them on Sunday, and was told that they had to charge shipping since it was to a PO box. Nothing about that restriction online, and our PO does not deliver to our house. We have to go to the PO to pick up all our mail. They have refunded the shipping to my PP account (not there yet). Still waiting on the Orange G5622T...
    Now I want a full hollow single cutaway :eek::D

T Bone likes this.
  4. stevekolt

stevekolt Electromatic

Dec 1, 2019
    West by God Virginia
    Radd, what is the case you have for yours? I need to order one...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    The GretschGuitars.com site says the recommended accessories are: Gig Bag 0996458000 / Case 0996408000. Adorama often has good prices on those; I got a Gretsch gig bag for my Electromatic Jet for $34.

6. stevekolt

stevekolt Electromatic

Dec 1, 2019
    West by God Virginia
    Thanks! I didn't see that on their website...

7. Ducerro

Ducerro Electromatic

Dec 4, 2019
    Yoakum, TX
  8. stevekolt

stevekolt Electromatic

Dec 1, 2019
    West by God Virginia
    Another question, is there a direct replacement set of locking tuners for this that would not require any drilling, or adding extra holes?

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    As long as it takes to find some vintage DeArmonds to shoe horn under the hood :D :D

10. LJOHNS

LJOHNS Newbie

Dec 7, 2019
    WV
    I ordered my Green one from them last Monday and had it on Thursday. I’m in WV too!

section2 likes this.
  11. stevekolt

stevekolt Electromatic

Dec 1, 2019
    West by God Virginia
    Congrats! Finally got notification that it's in the system, and is on the way from Charleston. Should have it on Monday...fingers crossed.

section2 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice