G5445T and Malcolm Young help

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Angus888, Mar 14, 2017.

1. JCarno

JCarno Gretschie

Jun 22, 2014
    Finger Lakes
    Great thread!!
    I never knew Mal just used a volume and no tone pot. Wouldn't that make for a really bright tone?
    His sound/tone seems to be dark. Must be the way he sets his amps up?

Mal Belford likes this.
  2. Angus888

Angus888 Electromatic

Mar 4, 2013
    canada
    Hey everyone to help make this easier to chat about Malcolm guitars, gear or the great homemade ones we have done I have just created a face group just for this so we can share all things Malcolm so please join and if you know any others that have Malcolm or Mal styled guitars or play in a tribute and think they would want to be on the group then please let them know!
    Group on face is called....Malcolm Guitars and Players..... link........https://www.facebook.com/groups/403712786653150/

sovtek likes this.
  3. Mal Belford

Mal Belford Gretschie

Apr 4, 2016
    Sweden
    Yes pup straigt to master volume as far as i know....Eddie Van Halen does it to, know a famous Swedush blues guittarist, he does it on his strats aswell.....so i would not be surprised if many more does it...

Malcolm is known to use Marshall Super Bass....

Me use the Marshall Super Leads 1959s ....no master vomume.
    Let the attenuators take care of the volume...and let the power tubes work....
    And nope for me its ot to bright...its perfect ;).

JCarno and Waxhead like this.
  4. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    I've done five with just a master volume so far. Six if you count the orange Billy Bo.

mv1.jpg mv2.jpg mv3.jpg mv4.jpg mv5.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice