G5445 Double Jet GSR Broadway Jade

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by msc_, Dec 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I realize this is an old thread, but I ordered what I reckon to be the last new one available from CME.

I'm praying it's not damaged, like the G5435 Limited in Fairlane Blue I found suddenly available from Guitar Center. Happily (sort of), they called me before it shipped to tell me it was damaged. I've never dealt with CME before and am hoping they don't send me some scratch and dent.

2. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    they sent mine to the uk and they packed it extra special for me, it didn't have a scratch on it so i am sure yours will be fine. luck will be on your side this time brother! i really like those guys at CME really helpful and really patient. please let me know what it's like when you get it! i was going to buy another one because i love it that much, i live in two countries so i wanted one in each country. i have not played mine for months as i left it in england, i have bought 6 guitars since then and none come close! i miss it a lot...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Scooter127 likes this.
  3. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Thanks for your opinion of CME, that's good to hear, especially considering I see a used one on Reverb for sale for over $200 more than what I paid.

I really wanted that Fairlane Blue G5435 Limited and this was as close as i could find. I can't explain why I got a bug up my butt and just HAD to get one.

Howard hughes likes this.
  4. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    p.s: Here's the damage on the G5435. Stores just never come down in price enough on damaged guitars for me to buy them. Besides, I do just fine adding my own damage!

upload_2019-2-25_14-40-47.png

5. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    it's the best guitar i have had in a very long time, i can say with a hundred percent confidence that it plays as good as the gibson sg custom i had years ago. if it's undamaged which it will be then you have got yourself a very good guitar indeed. i am now a bit gutted that i can't buy another though....

Lindo likes this.
  6. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Well, we'll know after "between 3:30p and 7:30p EST" tomorrow lol.

You can buy one today off of Reverb but they're asking $680

7. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Scooter127!
    welcome mat 113.jpg

Scooter127 likes this.
  8. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    You were right, it came today and if there's anything wrong with it I sure didn't see it after a fairly quick inspection. Had to get back to work so i can't play right now (lunch break, however, is in about 20 minutes). I'm stoked.

I went out to greet the UPS driver and get my new guitar....when I saw he was pulling a SECOND guitar box off the truck. From GC, presumably the G5435 Limited in Fairlane Blue mentioned upthread - that I cancelled, and even got an e-mail confirming cancellation - apparently was shipped from GC. I even confirmed through online chat to make sure it was cancelled. Off to online GC chat to see what they want to do about it. The 10 year old wishful kid in me is saying 'Well maybe they decided it would never sell and just shipped it to me anyhow" lololol.

9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I am DYING laughing here. I'm an idiot. I forgot all about ordering a tweed Fender-style case from one of GC's "Stupid Deal of the Day."

On chat with GC I asked if the order number was on the shipping label and the guy replied "I believe that is the case." Several comments later he says "case" again and all of a sudden I was "OH YEAH, I ORDERED A CASE LAST WEEK AND FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!!!LOLOL" GC dude got a good laugh as well.

10. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    After tuning it up and noodling about for a few minutes, I am really impressed with this guitar. Plays great, sounds great!

11. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    i can't find them? i have looked, i hate reverb in that way stuff is hard to find unless you type exactly what the item is listed as. ple
    and that color eh? beautiful color! all you need now is the truss rod cover, if that black one bothers you though? glad it all went well, please send me a link to the other ones on reverb! here is mine with the truss rod cover and the link if you want it to the guy who makes them. https://quickguards.com/collections/all/gretsch-truss-rod-cover Unbenannt.jpg

12. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome abroad Scooter!

Congrats on the new geet.

13. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA

Welp, sorry, I based my findings on results of Google searches and it seems they're no longer listed on Reverb.

The truss rod cover doesn't bother me in the slightest - but if it ever does, I own a CNC router ;-)

14. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    So I plugged "Greenie" into my Pignose for the first time. The tone blew me away. I am super happy, it's a wonderful match.

jfassett likes this.
  15. xtcclassic

xtcclassic Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Missouri
    Congrats on the guitar, I was eyeing that one on Reverb for a while myself. Ended up pulling the trigger on a used black one after this one sold.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice