Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Wr426f, May 30, 2019.
Sounds like you hit on the solution. Good luck,
Glad to hear it's sorted!
Glad it worked out, but doesn't the 5422 come equipped with 10's?
Hey Danny - I've had same guitar as you for 2 yrs now and have owned many guitars over 30 yrs plus changed strings on 100s.
For your future ref ......
- 1st thing I did after receiving my new 5422 from Sweetwater was change strings.
- I change strings on every guitar at least every 3 months cos their tone goes dull, they get dirty and more difficult to tune accurately.
- I often experiment with different gauges & brands - my 5422 has had 9s, 10s and 11s on it so far - all no issue.
- I never had any issues with the stock bridge - it worked fine but I upgraded it a Compton bar bridge anyway.
- Once the 5422 is correctly set up you won't have any issues with it - yours probably is not and so for you I'd take it to a good guitar tech and pay for a pro set up - should be no more than $50.
- I've had zero issues with my 5422 cos it was well set up by Sweetwater before they shipped it to me.
- If you're buying any guitar from a store in future make sure they set it up correctly before you take it away.