G2622T also made in China?

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by svvaynee, Jan 9, 2019.

1. svvaynee

svvaynee Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Ukraine
    Hi,
    I'm planning to buy myself a G2622T and of course before buying it tried to get as much info and reviews of this guitar as possible. While doing this I've only come across info that all Streamliners are made in Indonesia.
    Now, the thing is - I live in Ukraine and all Streamliners for sale here are manufactured in China.
    I don't really see the problem in China manufactured guitars, but the fact that I never have seen any info about Streamliners from China is what concerns me.
    So, I'd appreciate any info on that, maybe someone owns one of these and is there any difference in case of Streamliners?

Davis Sharp likes this.
  2. TW4990

TW4990 Gretschie

Aug 20, 2016
    Sydney Australia
    Info will be scarce as I don't believe there are any Streamliners that are made in China. Someone else will chime in if I am wrong on this.
    The G2622T is made in Indonesia and if the seller tells you different, be wary. As far as I am aware, all the modern Streamliners are made in Indonesia.
    Some of the Electromatic range is made in China and are fine guitars for the money they ask for them.
    What you are looking at may well be a good guitar, but you may not be getting what you think you are getting.

3. svvaynee

svvaynee Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Ukraine
    Yes, you actually said what I was thinking, only wasn't so sure about it. I've tried on of these in the local music store and from what I can tell it is a fine guitar. The thing that confuses me is that those guitar don't strike me as a fake replicas. I mean, the price is exact same as all Streamliners available online, specifications are also the same, finish is the same, Licensed Bigsby is in place, everything hints at this guitar being a regular Streamliner. It's just the manufacturing country that concerns me. By the way, do Streamliners have a small plate on the back of the headstock saying "Made In ...." or not ? Cause I've seen it only on stock photos of guitar but not on photos made by actual owners (those don't have anything) and where do I find a serial number on those guitars ?

4. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    The serial number is visible on the back of the headstock and on a tag inside the guitar that you can see in the F hole will say “made in Indonesia”.

5. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Try to post some pictures for us, I'd like to see what were talking about.
    China is a hotbed of counterfeiting so it wouldn't surprise me at all if its fake.

Davis Sharp and svvaynee like this.
  6. svvaynee

svvaynee Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Ukraine
    Here are some photos from one of our online music stores. I'm pretty sure these photos are made by them and not copied of some other resource.

Attached Files:

7. svvaynee

svvaynee Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Ukraine
    Okay, a little update here.
    I contacted the store from which I took those photos and they claim it to be Indonesian (apparently the only one in Ukraine)
    So if somebody could evaluate whether it's true or not judging by the photos maybe I'll finally settle down and by this one

8. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    The guitar in the picture is real Gretsch.

9. Stencil

Stencil Gretschie

Oct 19, 2009
    Gif-sur-Yvette, or the AF lounge
    I like Streamliners (in fact I own a Torino Green one like in the pictures), but the business model for counterfeiting them would be at best tenuous.

Cheers,

TSims1 likes this.
  10. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    A friend of mine just bought a new black Streamliner G2622 (no Bigsby) and he has other Gretsches and Guilds to compare it to and he is impressed with the quality and sound. BTW, MF has the non Bigsby Streamliners on sale for $349.99 right now. No better guitar in the world for that kind of money.

11. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Immediately thought the same thing. Why waste time counterfeiting a cheap guitar?

That’s a real Streamliner. Go ahead and grab it if you are into it.

Merc and Stencil like this.
  12. svvaynee

svvaynee Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Ukraine
    Okay guys, thank you all for the replies !
    I'm buying it :)

13. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Enjoy!

Stencil likes this.
  14. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    ADF7DFBB-34DB-4E2C-9C04-023A1376238D.jpeg It’s the real deal! Get that 2622! I love mine.

15. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    They surely do counterfeit budget guitars, Squiers, Epiphones, Electromatics....i've seen them.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  16. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Really? Seems stupid.

17. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Gretschie

Apr 25, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    If you were counterfeiting money, would you print $100 bills or $10s and $20s. Which are likely to be less scrutinized? That's why people fake inexpensive guitars. If it were stupid and unprofitable, they wouldn't be doing it.

@svvaynee - post some photos when you get it.

18. svvaynee

svvaynee Electromatic

Jan 9, 2019
    Ukraine
    @Davis Sharp
    Here you go !

BTW I've started a new thread about pickups, I'd be happy if you guys cared to join

Attached Files:

19. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats, love those green Streamliners :)

20. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the fakes are just 'back door' versions from the same factory.

TSims1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice