Frightened and confused!

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Robtaylor1735, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Robtaylor1735

Robtaylor1735 Electromatic

Oct 25, 2008
    Knoxville TN
    I finally got my Fender Superchamp from Musicians Friend after deciding not to pay 350 plus tax for a DEMO model from the local GC.

Holy Crap! FX knob wth multiple settings, FX level knob, Gain, Bass, Treble Voice (What is "voice?!?) Knobs...

PLUS the switch and knobs on my Electro....

I'm confused!!!!
    :confused:

(A little background - I'm an acoustic guy and am VERY used to simplicity)

I've only plinked around my electro for about an hour in the month I've had it on a borrowed modeling amp up until this point. So my experience is nil. With all the knobs and settings on the guitar and the plethora of dials on the amp, I don't even know what it's SUPPOSED to sound like!:eek::eek:

I got a few sounds I liked by twisting some knobs around, but I'm still waaay overwhelmed.

BTW - this 15 watt tube amp is LOUD! But at low volumes it's hard to get a good take on the different sounds it can make, which complicates things further.

It was a relief to pick up the acoustic again and thoughtlessly strum a little Johnny Cash!

Heck, I'm half tempted to sell the Electromatic and just go get a cheap BC Rich guitar, a Marshall a distortion pedal, and power-chord / whammy-bar myself into death-metal oblivion. It would be simpler!:p

Can someone get me started walking through this?

2. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    I sent you a PM so I can help you in detail

3. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

4. gigatron

gigatron Country Gent

Oct 9, 2008
    Slovenia
    That's exactly what I was going to say.

5. Farmerbrown

Farmerbrown Gretschie

Jun 23, 2008
    Elizabethtown, Ky
    Put the bass and treble on about 7, the voice on 16, gain on about 8, and fx select on delay at 12:00 or 7:00 for some great slapback and delay, the tremolo settings are great too as well as the reverb on the left side of the fx selector. I've had mine since July and love it, I play classic country and really play a mean Luther behind my buddy who sounds like Johnny Cash. :D:cool: Just play with it, you will find many sounds that you will love. I bought mine because it is easier to carry around than my '65 Deluxe Reverb, I've used the Super Champ XD on several gigs at nursing homes, etc. and it is plenty loud for them. It has become my practice amp as well.

6. Robtaylor1735

Robtaylor1735 Electromatic

Oct 25, 2008
    Knoxville TN
    Thanks for the help fellas - It's all clear now!

Unfortunately, now that I got the amp, the new Electro is gonna have to go... Just can't afford to keep her after going over the bills with the missus this morning and feeling guilty as all hell for buying it last month!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. Some stuff is ephemeral like the grass. You might get a nicer guitar in the future.... Can't hang onto much for long.

Good luck and happy holidays.

8. Mark W

Mark W Country Gent

Jun 6, 2008
    Central Florida
    OK - today I am taking delivery on an AC-15cc. I wish I had seen this first. This little amp is amazing and imagine (line out) plugging it in to 2 12's, hmmm...:rolleyes:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice