Free Gretsch 5135

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Gr8guns, May 16, 2020.

1. Gr8guns

Gr8guns Electromatic

Aug 2, 2019
    Johnson City TN
    I got a free Gretsch 5135. Yes, It did happen. There was a seller known as Hello Music that sold guitars a really low prices. The gimmick ? No factory warranty, warranty was through Hello Music. I don’t know how they got their merchandise. Of course, they were not authorized dealers. ‘Nuff background!
    I ordered a Gretsch 5135 at a really good price. It came in, I opened the box, and one of the knobs had gotten loose in the box, and made 5 very small indentations in the top of the guitar, all between the Bigsby and the strap button. I popped off an email about it, and got nothing as an answer. I waited a couple of weeks, and several emails unanswered caused me to file a claim with Paypal. The deadline came and went, Paypal refunded my money, and I never heard a word from Hello Music.
    They ceased operations in less than a month after that. Of course, I still have the guitar. It plays good and sounds good, but I never have felt good about getting a guitar in that manner.

2. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    With my protection from American Express, I have had backcharges against many vendors who were less than honorable, still have some things that I never did pay for but that was the seller's fault, I do not feel bad. If you bought something and they went out of business before getting paid, too bad for them.

benjwri likes this.
  3. dr. love

dr. love Electromatic

Jun 2, 2008
    Texas
    Play it like you stole it....oh, wait. If they took care of business, they'd still be in business. They were probably done for before you even placed your order and you probably got lucky that the order even got shipped. Not your fault or problem... Play it with a clear conscience.

benjwri, ronbo, EssEll and 1 other person like this.
  4. goostah

goostah Electromatic

Jun 25, 2017
    HK
    Wait, what!! I thought you were offering us a free guitar. LOL

No need to feel bad about it. You did the right things.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    There should not be any bad feelings about the deal. You did nothing wrong or dishonorable.

benjwri likes this.
  6. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Cool,there's never anything wrong with a free Gretsch day!

benjwri likes this.
  7. adauria

adauria Gretschie

Dec 22, 2016
    Wake Forest, NC
    If you feel that bad, send me a private message and I'll give you my mailing address.

-Andrew

benjwri likes this.
  8. mister rain

mister rain Electromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    honestly i thought hello music was a scam, fishing for credit card numbers. good on you to actually get something from them.

benjwri and Merc like this.
  9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Sounds like it just fell thru the cracks.

10. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I thought you might be protesting on behalf of a wrongly arrested Corvette. :D

I wouldn’t be too bothered, you tried to get in touch with them.

11. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    You didn’t start the transaction with any ill intent and I’m sure if they contact you, you would arrange to return the guitar at their expense. Considering there has been no contact from them there is likely nowhere you could return it to at this point anyhow. I wouldn’t get too fussed about it.

12. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Pix needed, cause free gretsch day isn't every day !

benjwri, Jeff67, MTurner and 3 others like this.
  13. EssEll

EssEll Gretschie

Oct 11, 2019
    Seattle area
    It was your lucky day. Zero guilt needed. Enjoy that baby -- AFTER you post a few photos!

14. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    You did nothing wrong, enjoy your guitar! :)

15. Johnny ray

Johnny ray Electromatic

Jun 29, 2018
    Indiana
    It was their problem and they chose to do nothing about it. So you shouldn't have any guilt feelings.
    If you need to make yourself feel better about it then give some money to your favorite charity.

16. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    Was this one of those FB ads that are selling Gibson Hummingbirds for $99?

17. Gr8guns

Gr8guns Electromatic

Aug 2, 2019
    Johnson City TN
    I bought a PRS Torrero, a PRS Santana, an Eastman AC420CE, and a Gretsch 5135. They were in business a couple of years.

18. mister rain

mister rain Electromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    well, then i’m pissed they didn’t sell me a 68 custom deluxe reverb. i tried...

Gr8guns likes this.
  19. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Maybe I am wrong but I am going to say it anyway. You never get something for nothing. Some one is going to pay. Having said that enjoy your free guitar.

20. Gr8guns

Gr8guns Electromatic

Aug 2, 2019
    Johnson City TN
    None of the others were free........Lol ! They were paid for in full, and I still have them!

mister rain likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice