For your consideration: Orange TremLord 30

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Sid Nitzerglobin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    The amp is assembled in China unfortunately, last I heard the cabs were made in Kentucky on the closed back cabs and pricier combos, but if it's similar build quality to the OR50 (or the OR15 I had) I think I have pretty good confidence in it not causing any issues for me functionally.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    Yeah, even the overseas built Orange amps are high quality.

diamoroso and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    53 pounds?? Well, at least you don't have to worry as much about someone stealing it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  4. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    It's weighty, but lighter by a pound than an AC30S1 and (assuming it's not atypical in quality for the nicer MiC Oranges I've had apart) better constructed IMO. I probably could benefit from the work out anyway too ;)

But yeah, I stand a good chance of chasing down anyone who tries to take off w/ it on foot :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. diamoroso

diamoroso Electromatic

Feb 4, 2019
    San Diego, CA
    Congrats Sid, I've been lusting over this amp since it was announced. I just bought a new 5420, but in a few months I'm probably going to grab one of these. Considering my main gigging amp now is a Twin Reverb, the weight doesn't bother me!

6. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Mobile, Al
    I am hot on this amp, but with already owning a Rockerverb Mki 50w head, and it being a combo...I don't know if it's the sort of thing I'd want to A-B with my current amp.

Also, since this amp has been released, Orange has been on a major social media campaign to tout the clean channels of all of their amps. "The Voice of Clean~~~~"!

7. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Thanks! Got a further update and it turns out mine probably won't be shipping from Orange until the end of next week but I really wasn't expecting it until later in March so it's all good.

I'm in the same boat in that I'll haul heavier combos w/o too much hesitation so while I'd certainly appreciate less weight or a head version, it's not a deal killer for me.

I've generally enjoyed their "cleans" myself, only downside is that you sacrifice alot of output on the single channel amps to get there. I found it a little funny when places were marketing this as their clean amp and then the demos never feature anything cleaner than edge of breakup/light crunch... I'd be fine if it didn't get cleaner than saturated edge of breakup, just seemed kinda ironic.

I can't wait to try it paired up w/ my OR50.

diamoroso likes this.
  8. capnhiho

capnhiho Gretschie

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    53 lbs!?!?!
    I was interested until I read that spec.

Guess I’d better get out of the way - my geezer card is showing!

Now if they made a head......

9. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    A head would definitely be great, but then again most of my speaker cabs that a head version of this amp would fit on top of wind up weighing pretty close to the same as this combo if not more. Still it would be good if you could count on a decent backline cab at gigs and/or one to leave at your rehearsal spot.

10. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Ran into a first look on this one from Premier Guitar today, still seems like it's gonna sound pretty great & worth a listen IMO:

I really wish they'd have cut to a shot of the footswitches so I could see if the trem speed LED blinks in time or is static. Kinda goofy considering he spends like 5 minutes talking about the switches including the phrase "As you can see...." o_O

Bertotti likes this.
  11. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado

Sounds very good. I definitely would love to try this amp. But I just bought a Mesa/boogie that should arrive later this week so no new amps for a while. But the reverb and tremolo sound super luscious on the Tremlord!

12. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Bugged my usual sales guy @ GC on this last Friday and he called Orange to get an update for me. They said they were now anticipating shipment this week, but I'm kind of trying to set my expectations back to sometime before April (CME has them listed as shipping on 3/5 now while Musician's Friend says 3/20, GC online has no expected date). It would be great if it could get in before the 13th so I could get another $200 off of it, but we'll see...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice