For your consideration: Orange TremLord 30

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Sid Nitzerglobin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Just noticed this one. As usual this seems like a pretty great demo from Andy:

And the official Orange demo w/ a Jet sounds pretty great to me as well:

The release text from Orange
    "Orange Amplification is proud to announce their most vintage guitar amplifier ever, the TremLord 30, a 30w 1×12 all valve guitar combo with built-in valve driven tremolo and reverb. Orange have done it differently again – making a fifties inspired amp for the modern player, see the TremLord in action here.

Designed in the UK by Orange’s Technical Director, Ade Emsley and built with clean players in mind, the TremLord features: –

· EL84 valves giving loads of clean headroom, making it the perfect platform for all guitar pedals.

· Valve Tremolo with two foot switchable speeds giving versatile depth control, play the guitar not the amp’s controls.

· A two spring Reverb tank offering masses of reverb with springs that can be heard, making it deeper, splashier and crashier.

· A post – tremolo FX loop allows players to use proper, built in tremolo anywhere in a modern FX chain.

· A specially designed premium Lavoce 12” speaker which is smooth, clean and warm with a clear defined sound.

· Headroom (30/15 Watts) or Bedroom (2 Watts/1 Watt) Switch for practice or recording at low volume levels.

Created with the same high quality parts and exceptional attention to detail as all Orange amps, throw anything at this versatile amp and it simply takes it in its stride. Stop looking back for the perfect retro amp and look forward to trying the TremLord.

Check it out at the Orange Amplification booth #4644, Hall D at Winter NAMM 2019 where all the other Orange products can also be seen."

I'd love to check this one out sometime personally but I think odds of the local Orange dealers getting one in seem fairly remote, they seem to only get the high gain type ones.

Edit: They already come in black too :) :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
  3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Looks interesting. Bummer it's 53lbs.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  4. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Mobile, Al
    I can dig it. Sounds pretty good for that retro UK sound.

5. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Yeah, would have been nice if they would just release a head version at the same time, but I'm sure they get more sales doing the combo first. That fixes the other gripe that I think I'd have w/ living w/ one, the vertical chassis mount.

A lot of the weight is from the cab I'm sure. The Kentucky made Orange cabs I've had seem to sound great and have been built like tanks, but they are seriously massive.

Henry likes this.
  6. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Juicy. Can't wait to try it out.

7. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    OMG 53 lbs

Well while Orange are not known for great clean tones I thought this one was well worth a look until you mentioned the weight :(

Orange have at least tried to deliver some versatility this time with a loop, wattage options and a tremolo I'd never use :)

Henry and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I can only imagine the equipment this guy Andy has ..... especially pedals

pmac11 and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  9. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Although I am generally not a big fan of tremolo this one sounds really nice and classic.
    The breakup is really special, too. Not in the Fender-camp and not in the Marshall territory.
    If I were in a blues-based bnd I would consider it.

Sid Nitzerglobin and RG7X like this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have tremolo on my JSX Mini it is fun to use but again another amp many don't give the time of day to. My point is I wouldn't rule out an amp with it just because it had it as long as it sounds good.

Sid Nitzerglobin and loudnlousy like this.
  11. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
  12. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Yea weight is the only reason I'm considering a new amp so it's the first thing I check.

Waxhead likes this.
  13. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    If I would buy an Orange amp - in orange tolex compulsorily - it would be this one : it has reverb and tremolo... ;)

A+!

14. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Sounds sweet. Maybe if it does well they’ll sell it as a head unit

Henry and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  15. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    Sounds really good.

16. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    I’m lusting for this thing. Sounds great. I’ve been coveting an orange tube amp because I have a Crush Pro 60c that I think I sounds quite good and so I wanted to try another one. The Rocker 32 has been on my shortlist but I really like on-board reverb. And I’ve recently fallen in love with tremolo (using a pedal). Enter the Tremlord.

I’d love to try one. [​IMG]

Merc and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  17. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I love my OR50 & PPC212, it delivers great saturated "cleans" and dirt w/ a glorious Top Boost on steroids mixed w/ 70s hard rock type of character. It would really make sense to hold out for the head version of the TremLord, but knowing me I will most likely wind up taking the plunge on the combo at some point in the interim. I'd need to figured out what to move along to make space for it though...

diamoroso likes this.
  18. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Can't watch the demo yet (at work) but this is a very interesting amp! I'd also like to see a head/cab version. But I may end up trying this combo.

19. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I wound up pre-ordering one of these the first of this month, kind of expecting it wouldn't be in until late March. I had one of the salesguys check on it this afternoon when I swung by GC to grab a speaker cable and it turns out it shipped out today w/ an expected arrival of some time next week :eek::)

I'll be sure to update w/ some in person impressions once I've had a chance to check it out.

diamoroso, collama and T Bone like this.
  20. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    is this amp made in England or offshore?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice