following my first ever Gretsch history

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by tdtom, Oct 26, 2018.

1. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT tdtom!

Congrats on the new geet !

2. MrClint

MrClint Electromatic

Nov 27, 2017
    Lake Balboa, CA
    @tdtom , welcome aboard! Would be cool to hear a sound clip of what that green beast sounds like.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  3. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    Apparently I have now hit a milestone that I never envisioned... or kept track of, to be honest. Guess I got a Trophy for 100 posts. Gretschie status. Now just need 498 more to the next status hike! Thanks guys, for giving me somethings to spout off about.

4. A-Zed

A-Zed Electromatic

Jun 15, 2017
    Canberra Australia
    I know what you mean about the new guitar smell. Mine is just on a year old and every time I put it in the case it gets back that caramelly-vanilla-mapley-I-don’t-know-what-it-is smell.

Have fun with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdtom likes this.
  5. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Love the looks of your new guitar. Welcome to GT and wish you lots of fun playing your new gretsch.

6. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    Hi, and thanks. It seems to be taking longer than expected to fall in love with the 2655. I like the neck feel but am not impressed with the volume pots that cause it to cut out after just a small amount of twist... it plays very well with everything at full go. Cheers.

7. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Welcome to GT! You very well may need to replace the pots if they cut in and out when you turn them. But before you do that, try turning them back and forth several times very quickly. You have to do it like 50 times (don’t worry, you won’t break it) and go over the “dead spots” with short turns. If you’re lucky, you can work out some dust that’s accumulated in the pot.

8. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    thanks dilver, have tried the quick twist method. don't have much joy. brand new guitar, and it has been back to the importer for check over. they found "No faults." have pretty much resigned myself to leaving everything set at max and tweaking tone thru the amp... won't be gigging with it anyway.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice