Fleetwood Mac concert in Sydney last night

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by audept, Aug 18, 2019.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    All the set list songs in green labelled "N" are Neil main vocal. They also do Split Enz" "I Got You"

"Free Fallin" was a tribute to Tom Petty with lots of video clips of Tom and Stevie onstage together. They were very good friends.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Neil did "Man of The World" and announced it as his personal tribute to Peter Green, describing him as one of the greatest guitarists and songwriters.

Floo likes this.
  3. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Waxhead, Neil Finn is a tremendous singer. The band desperately needs to have that male vocal or it won't sound like the modern Fleetwood Mac. And he is a very capable guitar player, although I presume that he left most of the heavy lifting to Mike Campbell. Lindsey Buckingham must feel pretty good knowing that it took two guys to replace him!

loudnlousy and audept like this.
  4. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    yes Ric I agree :)
    Nothing against Buckingham at all but for me both Neil Finn and Mike Campbell are much better.

Neil is a better singer and much better song writer and Mike C is one of my fav lead guitar players. I've been to lots of Neil Finn Crowded House concerts but would not bother with a Lindsay Buckingham gig :)

5. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    The Bible says 2 are better than one.
    Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 I always got to every show FM does in Mississippi !

drmilktruck and audept like this.
  6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Fun interview with Neil Finn. Comes across as a very nice and humble guy. Mick Fleetwood is great fun too.

Waxhead and Armygirl like this.
  7. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    Oh look! He's playing my firebird red power jet! (I wish!!)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

8. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Seems like Finn was playing a Gretsch in parts of that footage.

They made an appearance on TV, kind of ironic to see them play The Chain with the debut of a new line up, you know?

“We must never break the chain”... “chains keep us together”... ummm, but do they?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ut-new-lineup-with-ellen-performances-719400/
    From about a year ago

Who’s the guy playing acoustic in the back, looks like they had to replace Lindsey with three guys, not two. Still great music whoever is playing it.

Did Mike break out his Dusenberg?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  9. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Neil mostly played his Jet Firebird, but twice played what looked like a black doublecut '62 style Jet.

There was another guitar player in the back, a long-time FM onstage sideman I believe, did a bit of work on a Strat plus acoustic. There was also 3 backing singers, a percussionist and another keyboardist onstage. I should have got a program to read who the extra players were.

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  10. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    That's awesome!! and that 's an official set list!! Crazy!! I'm sure you both had an amazing time. Finn & Campbell both real classy dudes. Great addition I would think.

audept likes this.
  11. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm accumulating some good brownie points with Mrs Audept recently. Happy wife = happy life! ;) I took her to a theater show last night and we're going out to dinner tonight. She'll soon be suspecting I've bought another guitar! :eek:

12. Charlie westside

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Yes brownie points are good. Didn't you both recently attend a different concert ? Yes. I think I'll learn from the master and follow suit.

audept and Armygirl like this.
  13. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Ha! What a great night. And that's a good philosophy I never quite got a hold of. Although I must admit, when I scored front row front and center seats for Yawny, I got bonus's for a couple weeks.

Naw, I'd keep holding out...only been 50 years. :) I heard them new guys/gals had a pretty good album. In 1977

Floo and audept like this.
  14. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The week after next we're going on a holiday to Spain and I intend to spoil her as much as possible. I learnt the hard way many years ago that neglecting or taking for granted any relationship is the kiss of death. If you don't water the garden regularly, all the flowers wither and die. ;)

15. Charlie westside

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Indeed. I learned that in 2015.
    Hope you have a wonderful time in Spain. Nothing like spoiling the wife.

audept likes this.
  16. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    Is it in the record stores already? I guess I'll have to have a listen to that ;):D

JeffreyLeePierre and dafreeze like this.
  17. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Ha ha, hope I didn’t come off as mean. Cracked me up and I can relate!

JeffreyLeePierre and Floo like this.
  18. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    @dafreeze just joking man, I really need to listen to the "modern" stuff - if only I could just see them as a whole different band...

dafreeze and JeffreyLeePierre like this.
  19. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Actually Martine - it's the same Jet Firebird as mine - not a Power Jet but a 6131 with Gretsch HS Filtertrons and .......

Seeing so many Crowded House gigs and loving all their CDs was one of the reasons I bought the same guitar as my 1st Gretsch.

Neil has been playing/recording with that Jet Firebird for over 20 years. He has a double cut away Jet also and uses both as his no 1 & 2 :)

Fleetwood Mac I couldn't care less but great to see Neil and Mike C get new and different recognition :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    audept and Armygirl like this.
  20. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    I'd love one of those!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Waxhead and audept like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice