Join Gretsch-Talk Today

FIFA World Cup madness

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Roger49, Jun 15, 2018.

1. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    I know, right?

Roger49 likes this.
  2. knavel

knavel Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2009
    London, England
    I thought more along the lines of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

MTurner likes this.
  3. knavel

knavel Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2009
    London, England
    I would have agreed entirely with this statement before the Sweden game on Saturday but the England I saw play over the weekend was a solid team and worthy contender for the cup. I think the best playing I've seen this time around is from Belgium. I have only seen once game where France played--the quarter final--and they lacked excitement and electricity to me. But I admit I missed all of France's other games so may well not have the whole picture.

catfish72 likes this.
  4. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    my English friends, let the better team win! I am sooooo happy for semifinals I wont be much sad if we loose. I know our players will give their best. Croatia is small country but we can give headache to every team!

Willie D likes this.
  5. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    Hurrying home for the match. Surprise surprise, my train is cancelled due to "shortage of train crew". Yeah right, they are probably in a pub outside Brighton station waiting for the game to start.

Wozob likes this.
  6. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    Don't know if the better team won, it could have gone either way.
    Luck plays a role in these matches and to lead 1:0 after 5 minutes isn't as easy as we might think but congratulations to Croatia.
    Unfortunate that Tripier was injured during extra tme leaving England to face Croatia with only 10 men towards the end with no more substitutes available but all credit to Croatia.
    Hope you beat France but that will be at least as hard as it was against England!

7. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    first: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we are in finals
    second: englad was better in the first half but since then there was only one team. Croatia. England had only 1 shot on the goal in the whole game.

Willie D and Wozob like this.
  8. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    You'd be lucky to play 120 minutes with one shot on target and win. I thought England were the better team by far in the first half but Croatia stepped up in the second. Overall it was quite even but England didn't take their (our) opportunities early on.

I'll be supporting France in the final.

9. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Congrats to Croatia, but also congrats to England! You british guys are great and the third place is a great place anyways! Thanks for great moments!

Croatia, my secret tip, is goin‘ to win the worldcup, I‘m sure! They‘re great!

10. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Wait a minute, third place is for Belgium. :eek:
    We'll see saturday.

Stefan likes this.
  11. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    great game, great players, great teams. Someone had to win. I am happy it was Croatia. This is unbelieveble!!!!!!

englishman likes this.
  12. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    When it came to the final four, I was hoping for Belgium vs. Croatia , just for the little guys. Once France won, I rooted for England vs France just for the historical fight between the two countries. Now I'm rooting for Croatia as the underdog.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  13. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Delete

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  14. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Country Gent

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Was hoping for s England v France final but Croatia has been pretty fun to watch. I was actually rooting against them both today and against Russia a few days ago. They keep upsetting my pick so I guess I will just root for them in the final lol.

15. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Country Gent

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Other exciting Soccer news (sorry I am American, it’s soccer lol)

It looks like I am going to get to be my school’s new Soccer Coach. I have wanted to coach basketball for years but it has never worked out at my school. This summer I had a lot of kids express an interest to me about playing soccer. They know I coach youth soccer. I live in South East Oklahoma so not too many schools down here have soccer. But I brought it up to the Superintendant and the Athletic Director and they both were on board with us starting a High School Soccer team.

One thing is we are a class B school and the lowest class for soccer is 4A. So we are going to be going up against some way bigger schools then is.

MTurner likes this.
  16. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Oh well. It's only a game.

I suppose.

:(

Congratulations to Croatia, best of luck in the final. Modric is a Don.

17. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    tnx my friend

18. guto

guto Gretschie

Oct 24, 2011
    Brasil
    Congratulations! Here in Brasil, we are all impressed with the passion and strenght that the Croatian team has shown after 3 extra time battles, and also with the great sense of union of the whole team, something we brazilians have lost a long time ago.

19. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    yes, If you count, 3 extratimes in a row, 30min x3 = 90. We played one game more than the orhers. They asked our coach why he didnt use substitutes earlier because they were clearly exhausted, he says he wanted to change but players begged him to leave them i nthe game. :)

guto and G DynaTron like this.
  20. G DynaTron

G DynaTron Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2015
    France
    Congrats croatia ! see you on sunday :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    j.s.c, dankas11, Wozob and 1 other person like this.