For Sale/Trade Fender Strat 12 Blue, one more time...

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by freddyfingers, Apr 13, 2019.

Had this up a while back, but didnt offer shipping. I believe i have a box, so shipping is now open. Its a 2004, Strat 12 in beautiful blue. All stock. Five way strat pick up selector gives ya some interesting pickup positions. Neck plays like a strat. Not a huge 12 string neck, and not a smaller Ric type. Just right as Goldilocks said while trying it out. Crafted in Japan. Currently strung up with a flat would 12 string set. I think they have a higher tension than standard 12 string sets, but thats me. They are hardly used, so are good for a while. Its set up well. There is room to raise and lower the strings depending on your style. There are two very thin shims in the neck socket, you can take em out if you like. Over all its in pretty good condition. Some Player wear, but nothing excessive. It shines! Its a little different than the current reissues, the body wood I believe is alder. And its blue and comes with a case.

I have watched the prices of these for a while. I am asking 800, plus shipping. I think thats the lowest i have seen a Japanese version of these listed. Less than i paid, but its not getting the use, so off it goes. If its paypal, please add the 3 percent. Once its packed, i will get a shipping quote and bill only that. I wont go lower than the 800 as I take a beating as is, but i would accept a check or money order or similar mailed so you can avoid the 3 percent PayPal cost. I am in zip code 23117 for a ruff estimate.

Trades? Not sure what’s out there. I mostly play acoustic, and have a good share of those. For electrics, i prefer archtops(no surprise on a Gretsch site), but am not sold on anything. Feel free to offer. You are also welcome to come to sunny virginia to play it and a meet and greet.

Attached Files:

1. I would be willing to give it a coat or two of krylon spray paint, if blue isn’t you first choice.

2. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    That’s a great color and I much prefer this headstock to the old flaccid sock.
    This would be a fantastic addition to round out a collection.

3. So hold off on the spray paint?

4. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Not on my account;)
    I like bumping up a beautiful guitar at a good price but I don’t have 800 clams or anywhere near enough 800 to make a serious offer.
    I’m sure it will sell but if it doesn’t I would love to borrow it!

5. I’m only a 10 and a half hour drive away!

blueruins likes this.
  6. Had one person on Craig’s list offer me two fender acoustics. Valued at about 500 new for both, so about 300 used at best. Also had a offer for a 2000 les Paul studio, in the same blue. Never owned one of those, my guess is its heavy. I would ship for the right trade.

7. capnhiho

capnhiho Gretschie

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    I sure wish I had 800 clams to spare! I could have nabbed one of these in LPB for about $600 at a GC sale several years ago. Have always regretted that I passed. :(

8. Just pulled the trigger on a ridiculous priced Ax. 750 plus shipping!

9. Its up on reverb, and if it dont move there its off to the local shop where everyone will paw at it. (Awwwwwww).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice