Fender and or Gretsch Support

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Drifter, Jan 20, 2020.

1. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Good luck with that.

The bridges have never matched, why would they start now!

MikeSchindler likes this.
  2. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    Brett got back to me (from fender) so please keep your fingers crossed.

Bertotti, GlenP and MikeSchindler like this.
  3. MikeSchindler

MikeSchindler Synchromatic

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Tell them about the crappy bridges too.

GlenP likes this.
  4. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    Well they went radio silent but they are probably saying, This guy wants replacement Bigsby cause there is a chip in an area you can't see unless you look at the Bigsby from the side. I guess they are figuring out what to do. LOL Maybe so but this guitar will not be gigged, used just for playing at home and recording. So it needs to be perfect 100 percent.

5. National19

National19 Country Gent

Jan 4, 2014
    Ottawa Canada
    When I had an issue I just went straight to Joe Carducci. He took care of my problems in no time.

6. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Do you have a contact number for him? I'd like to talk with him about the bridge on my Gent not matching the neck radius of my guitar.

7. MikeSchindler

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    It would be great if Joe Carducci could give you some answers and help you .i d love to honestly hear what he could find out

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  8. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    LOL don’t bother. It’s perfectly clear Gretsch opt for style over substance in this matter. I’m just waiting for them to change their slogan to “vintage authentic”!

G5422T, MikeSchindler and Gretschtim1 like this.
  9. MikeSchindler

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I agree. .. sadly ..never hurts to try and you have a new guitar with warranty , right?

10. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    The bridge mismatch is true to the originals.

They were played that way for decades

For those who want perfect matching and tonal options, there's a few cottage industries that got their start doing this.

Sure, it's a new guitar, but like the old ones in many ways.

Myself, I wouldn't waste my time or breath debating this with Gretsch.

Just buy an aftermarket bridge of your choice and enjoy the new git.

Henry and Merc like this.
  11. MikeSchindler

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Warranty .. they should replace the Bigsby?.. the bridge.. id still bring this to their attention.. if enough players gripe maybe they’ll improve it.. yes in the meantime I’d look at aftermarket bridges ASAP. As far as perfect matching with radius I’d be satisfied for playable. Mine really was terrible.. you had to raise the action really high to get the g string to play with enough clearance..the outer strings were too high causing intonation and playability issues.. new better radiused bar bridge solved the issue.. yea I had to buy it.. it was a Gretsch one but it had a close to 12 radius to it almost matching my 6122 board. I don’t know if all of the new ones have a better radius .. maybe I got lucky.. I had the guy measure it before I bought it. I love the guitars but the hardware needs attention on some.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey

You must have secret access to him. Send him a PM on another forum and he does not get it cause his email address is incorrect. (been this way for years) So unless he chimes in on a thread, it seems there is no other way to reach him unless you have some connection of some type. I am a little more annoyed with Fender support not following up promptly and consistently.

13. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    It should be dealt with at the point of sale. Gretsch does not sell direct to consumers for a reason (even custom shop you work through a retailer, so I've heard). Consumers are a PITA!

radd likes this.
  14. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey

Not selling direct is different then supporting the product.

MikeSchindler and Henry like this.
  15. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Of course. I am sure they do support the product . . . through the retailer. They usually want you to work through the retailer as they will be able to see the guitar, figure out whether it is covered by warranty, etc.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  16. MikeSchindler

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    And the dealer tells you to contact Gretsch for warranty issues... a good dealer will help you or handle it but most of the time it’s a cruel circle.. lol

Drifter, Bertotti and Henry like this.
  17. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Joe C used to be on both forums, but at one point said it was getting difficult cause he was inundated with 1000+ mails on a daily base.

18. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Exactly what my dealer told me to do with a Start neck issue. Fender got back to me within a week. With just a routine question like when I contacted them about my Penguin it took almost two weeks but there was no issue I was just looking for some more info about it and the production run.

19. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    For me, if Fender does not replace the Bigsby, I will just buy a new one although it is really hard to find since it is specific to the Penguin 58' VS. I could use an all gold bg3 but mine is b3gb (black enamel over the patent part) and I am not sure how it would look.

I can say Gibson support was freaking awesome and sent me a replacement switch cover (the metal one) without question. Just took a month or so for the part to come in. That was of course post Henry. :D

Henry likes this.
  20. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    radio edit:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice