Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Falcon Comin' At Me & It's Rocky's Fault

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by junglejem, Mar 10, 2012.

1. junglejem

junglejem Electromatic

Jan 7, 2012
    California
    Having considered the matter for a month or so, I was pretty sure I wanted a White Falcon. I had purchased a 6122-1959 several years ago from Rocky, and the consensus on this forum was that he was the guy for service, selection and prices.

So this morning at about 10 PDT, I emailed Rocky for a quote on a new lefty Falcon, price and availability. I was thinking I'd get the quote, think about it a few more days, then most likely have to wait a couple weeks for a lefty to come in. About 1/2 hour later, he responded with a price quote that caught me off guard. I won't repeat it...that's between you and Rocky, but suffice it to say, he had a brand new Falcon that had just come in, and I immediately telephoned and made the deal. That was probably 11 PDT.

By the end of the day, I had a UPS tracking number, and my White Falcon had already flown from Brooklyn, headed for California.

The transaction was pure joy. What a guy to work with. The price was several hundred dollars less than what I anticipated. Shipping was included.

I'm sure there are other great dealers out there, but in my book, it cannot get any better than the service and price I got from Rocky today. I doubt I'll need another Gretsch, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Fender P Bass in my future, and I think I know where to go to get it.

And yes, I will post pictures when the new baby arrives, possibly along with it's older siblings, a lefty Gibson Jackson Browne and a lefty Rickenbacker 330/12.

Thanks for allowing me to share my enthusiasm.

2. DrumBob

DrumBob Country Gent

Feb 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    Rocky is the best. I wouldn't buy a Gretsch from anyone else.

3. audept

audept Gretschified

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    My sentiments, exactly!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. fender62custom

fender62custom Friend of Fred

Mar 3, 2012
    Toowoomba, Australia
    Congrats JUNGLEGEM..WELCOME TO THE FALCON CLUB..enjoy

6. chilton

chilton Gretschie

Nov 2, 2010
    Finland
    Congrats from another lefty. Looking forward to seeing all your guitars.

7. RockingMatt

RockingMatt Country Gent

Jun 3, 2010
    Landstuhl, Germany
    Congrats, can't wait to see Pics!

8. JaygLongBeach

JaygLongBeach Country Gent

Feb 14, 2011
    SoCal
    Congrats! Wishing you a speedy delivery

9. 68GuitarPlayer

68GuitarPlayer Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Clinton, Tn
    Congrats junglejem!

Only four post on the forum and now you got a White Falcon. Way to go!