Extremely happy news!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Calvin Lee 2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Calvin Lee 2

Calvin Lee 2 Electromatic

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    Hi, everyone! Quick story; In 6th grade, I had a crush on a super cute girl who I had seen in the halls of our elementary school. I had never spoken to her, I just thought she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. Like, I wanted to marry her, she was that beautiful; I was immediately obsessed with her. Not too long after I saw her for the first time, I played guitar on stage at our school talent show. During my performance, that girl stood up, pointed at me, and screamed "I'm going to marry him!!!" We were eleven years old.

I'm 27 now, and as of Saturday, March 9th, 2019, she is officially my wife :)

I got married!!! My childhood sweetheart, and girlfriend of like 16 years is now my wife, and i couldnt be happier. A lot of you already know that I'm very ill, and don't have a great life because of it. But despite that, I couldn't feel any luckier than I do right now. (How many people actually get to marry their elementary-school-sweetheart?)

Long story short, I'm now married, and for the first time in quite a while, I am happy, despite the pain from my illness. I just wanted to share that with all my wonderful friends here on gretsch-talk.

Here is a picture of me and my wife Jessica on our wedding day. (I'm still getting used to saying "wife", lol.)

32516.jpeg 32516.jpeg

2. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    OMG man, you just made me really happy! Congratulations, I wish you many many years of happiness together. :)

rockinforJesus likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Congrats! I had a similar reaction to my wife when I saw her for the first time. Never talked to her I was a sophomore she was a senior and I only saw her a couple of times. Fast forward six years I get out of the Marines and take a part-time job at Walmart and she is a cashier. I ask her out and two years later we were married. 27 year as of last September. I hope you guys keep at it as long and longer.

Alberta_Slim and LivingMyDream like this.
  4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

What a great story! Congrats on marriage, and the life you'll make together!

5. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congratulations buddy. You look good together.

6. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    I am happy for you. Their is nothing like a good women by your side in life.

7. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    I like your story, it proves that life doesn’t always have to suck. Congratulations to you and your beautiful bride.

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Out of curiosity where you playing, "I put a Spell on You"? Just wondering. hahaha

DennisC likes this.
  9. Calvin Lee 2

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    Thank you! I'm glad my post made you happy :)

Alberta_Slim likes this.
  10. Calvin Lee 2

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    Thank you, and congrats on 27 years of marriage!

11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Congrats Calvin and Jessica! May that joy last forever.

j.s.c likes this.
  12. Calvin Lee 2

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    Thanks, Ricochet! Although I'm pretty sure having her on your arm would make anyone look good. I'm a skinny, crippled goofball, but she's more than pretty enough for the both of us, lol.

Ricochet likes this.
  13. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Congratulations!

Hm, well, life sometimes is fine. It shouldn't dare not to be anyway...

14. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Congratulations Calvin , you have a beautiful bride . Much happiness to both of you

15. Calvin Lee 2

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    Thank you! I think "life doesn't always have to suck" is definitely an appropriate takeaway from our story. Life sucks pretty hard, pretty often, but when it doesn't suck, it can be really, really amazingly wonderful.

CousinWarsh likes this.
  16. Calvin Lee 2

Oct 9, 2017
    New York
    Haha, actually I did play a song when she walked down the aisle; one of the first songs I ever wrote was a pretty little classical piece that I wrote for her 13-14 years ago, and she asked me to play it during the ceremony as she walked out. It was very cute. No spells though, haha.

Alberta_Slim, new6659 and Bertotti like this.
  17. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Calvin, Awesome news. Congradulations. May your love continue to flourish and grow even stronger every day. You are proof positive that dreams do really come true as those of us who have also married our dream girls.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    dafreeze likes this.
  18. larryr

larryr Gretschie

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Wonderful story. Congratulations!

19. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Great news! Congrats to you both...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice