Exedus from gpd

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by bobkat, Jun 9, 2008.

1. JohnS

JohnS Synchromatic

Jun 3, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    I just checked at 5:55 PM PST and its still DOA.

2. gretschbo

gretschbo Gretschie

Jun 10, 2008
    London Ontario Canada
    Many thanks Jukebox for suggesting this site- I am a fan of Bax and the GDP etc but it was just
    too much of a pain in the rectal area- I will of course keep checking back - If I can get on-
    Monty
    London Ont

3. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Welcome gretschbo! you got my message about the guitar then,good.

4. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Hey there Sassy, welcome. Good to see so many share the passion. I'm sure Bax'll get it sorted out. I don't see any reason not to be a member of 2 Gretsch sites though ;-)

5. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    just an FYI, I was literally just on the Gretsch Pages, and it was lickety-split. Maybe Tim is on to sorting the issues out. No proxies, no bad gateways... maybe it was a fluke this time but it sure felt fast...

6. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I agree, at least you have a place to go to when the GDP is down.I use both forums,but I like it here because I don't have any trouble getting on and it's fast. I was on the GDP earlier,made one post and got proxey error,now it's up and running again. go figure?

7. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Ditto. I like both sites and plan on staying a member both places.

8. Rocketman

Rocketman Electromatic

Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
  9. Rocketman

Rocketman Electromatic

Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    pfff............. just wrote one tiny little reply on the GDP and I get the "something has gone awry" message again. :confused:

10. bobframe

bobframe Synchromatic

Jun 3, 2008
    US
    OK, I have tried to restrain myself, but I just cannot.

The forums themselves (the software, the servers, etc.) are nothing but tools. The "community" is where the value is created and over time (present loyalties/sentiment aside) it will become agnostic as to which tool it uses, except that the community will prefer the more efficient and feature rich tool. If one tool works better than the other, then the poorer tool will eventually be abandoned, as it should be. Survival of the fittest rules with a cold, unemotional hand.

This is particularly true if the two forums represent one community. Going two places to have what is essentially one dialog is inefficient and while it may happen for a while, over time it will become burdensome and won't be sustained.

I don't know if Paul had great timing or if he knew that the GDP site (not the community) was an accident waiting to happen, but this site has come along at an opportune time and, as a tool, is so far superior to the GDP, that the two can't be compared. If the GDP was painful to use before, having Gretsch-Talk to compare against it now, makes the GDP seem downright unusable.

And how about Paul's responsiveness to requests? It is world class. Tractor vs. mule- tractor wins, sell the mule-don't need both of them.

I'm going to go hide under my desk now.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  11. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
  12. casper

casper Electromatic

Jun 5, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    well, i tried to post on the gdp about the latest trouble with buzzing on a white falcon lds, but got the "aw nuts" message.

btw, if any of the cats discussing that happen to read this thread, the little rubber adhesive bits they put under the pickgaurd are normal for guitars with dynas. in fact since fmic i haven't seen a dyna guitar that didn't have them.

13. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Casper they are under all the Gretsch guitars.

14. casper

casper Electromatic

Jun 5, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    no, they were talking about the rubber bits that were stuck onto the pickup casing. not the little rubber tubing between the body and pickguard.

15. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
  16. Rocketman

Rocketman Electromatic

Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
  17. Rocketman

Rocketman Electromatic

Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Oops and I don't mean I don't like it here but I mean I don't like to run to another place, knowing that Baxter is a very cool guy and apparantly is doing whatever he can to make his site work.

18. StJohn

StJohn Country Gent

Jun 5, 2008
    North Louisiana
    No harm in posting in both...I won't abandon the GDP, but I like it here too.

19. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I agree with both of you's

20. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    That's exactly how I see it. I agree that the forum is truly found in its membership and the membership will gravitate to wherever they can gather. I like both sites and wish them both the best.

I don't think that there have to be winners and losers in it all. If we participate and have a good time then we all win.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice