Embie Concepts...are they still around?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Hamoftruth, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Hamoftruth

Hamoftruth Electromatic

Mar 16, 2017
    PA
    I ordered an Embie-Matic bridge on the first of the month and have received no communication since then. I have tried to call Matt to specify my string gauge for the saddle slots and have received no callback. Now it seems that the website is down... Is there some sort of problem with the company?

2. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I ordered saddles and saddle screws from them on December 15 w/ nothing but crickets in response to several emails and phone calls in the intervening months.

Opened my first PayPal dispute last week to (hopefully) get my money back.

At least the website is down now...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That's too bad, but also poor business practice and customer service.

4. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I bought an Embie from Mat a year ago, and he was very communicative and not only took time to explain, but was more than willing to make sure my order was satisfactory after I ran into an issue. I’m sorry to hear he’s not keeping up with that level of service, and I hope he’s still in business...I want a brass Embie for a Falcon/Country Club someday...

5. Hamoftruth

Hamoftruth Electromatic

Mar 16, 2017
    PA
    Seems I'm left with no option but to do the same.

Such an abrupt change from A+ customer service to complete absence makes me think more along the lines of health problems or something catastrophic in terms of life events. I hope he's well.

6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Ya I dont know what happened. I bought a bridge from him off his ebay store, took some time.

7. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    We used to have a music store in my area called Daddy's Junky Music. Bought lots of used gear from them. They had several locations throughout New England and seemed to have a thriving business. Then one weekend - Boom - they shut all of their stores abruptly. Never figured out exactly what the problem was but I'm sure there were some bad financial issues lurking below the surface. Restaurants and bars seem to do that too (i.e. open one day, closed forever the next).

calebaaron666 likes this.
  8. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    There was a restaurant near our old house that we visited pretty regularly. I bought a few gift cards before Xmas a few years ago. They shut down the day after Christmas. Scumbags.

9. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Well, PayPal couldn't get a hold of them either apparently and closed my dispute in my favor. Refund is in process for me as of today.

MotorCentaur and Henry like this.
  10. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    We had a Daddy’s around here too. I had bought a few guitars there and would bring my old Peavey Delta Blues there for maintenance. I was always under the impression that Guitar Center happened. Once GC invaded New England they were dead in the water. I could be wrong.

11. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Don't you guys have some Federal Prisons up there in New England .... just sayin' .... :p

12. Hamoftruth

Hamoftruth Electromatic

Mar 16, 2017
    PA
    Seems the website is back up again...not sure what's going on

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice