For Sale Eman Guitars Nashville Astro Jet - Price Reduced

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by drmilktruck, Nov 22, 2018.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I am selling my Eman Guitars Astro Jet, in the never ending quest to shrink the collection.

For those of you not familiar with these guitars, here's the back story. In 2010 in Nashville a warehouse cache of Gretsch Corvette & Astro Jet bodies were found. There were hundreds, stored since they were milled in the mid 60s. Many people here and on the GDP purchased some. The mahogany was lighter than guitars made now and well-dried. David (Englishman on Gretsch Talk) bought one, but thinned the body as the Astro Jet is a big guitar. It's now the thickness of a Gibson SG. (The Astro Jet has been described as two SG smashed together and slightly melted in the sun.

The guitar features TV Jones SuperTron pickups, single volume control with no tone and a pickup selector switch. Stained cherry. Includes Strap Locks and a strap, plus non-original padded gig bag. Tele style bridge with through body stringing instead of original Burns vibrato. Replica pick guard.

The neck was made for me by Eman, modeled after the original AstroJet with the original Gumby style headstock. Mahogany with ebony fretboard and thumbnail markers. The neck is chunky with a nice D shape. Also stained cherry, which is redder than the body as the neck was made a few years after the body. It should fade over time. Bolt on instead of original set neck.

The guitar is comfortable to play, lighter than most Astro Jets. The SuperTrons give a slightly hotter FilterTron tone.

Looking for $600 plus shipping for Gretsch Talkers. Will ship internationally, although the box might be too big depending on country.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Includes replica Astro Jet serial number plaque:

[​IMG]

PayPal only. PM me if interested.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
  3. BoundandPurfled

BoundandPurfled Gretschie

Mar 22, 2012
    Oregon
    Why’d you have to post this when I’m supposed to only be shopping for others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drmilktruck and section2 like this.
  4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    It's really cool and a bargain too. E man made me a 12 string from one of those bodies and it rips.

drmilktruck likes this.
  5. BoundandPurfled

BoundandPurfled Gretschie

Mar 22, 2012
    Oregon
    I will be all over this after Xmas if you still have it. I still wish the one I returned to you hadn’t had a bowed neck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk