Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Eddie Cochrane Gretsch Spotted

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by trefilboy, Nov 13, 2017.

1. trefilboy

trefilboy Electromatic

Thought you all may be interested in the attached video of Joe Brown. For those that haven't heard of Joe. he's been around since the early 60's and has hardly altered.

Pete66, NickGretsch, Waxhead and 5 others like this.
  2. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
  3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
  4. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Interesting. Never seen a removed Bigsby arm before though.

5. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  6. trefilboy

trefilboy Electromatic

I noticed that TB. Don't know why the arm has been removed as every Eddy Cochran video I've seen he has the arm on it, especially with Joe's comment that it's a real good copy of his original guitar.

T Bone likes this.
  7. Philtertronic

Philtertronic Gretschie

Feb 26, 2014
    scotland
    That Tele player looks like he's rocking .012s!!!

8. NickGretsch

NickGretsch Synchromatic

Aug 30, 2011
    Cornwall, England
    Joe, a brilliant guy.

And what a great story behind that guitar which sounds so damned good in the video. Nothing else sounds quite like this, it's Gretsch magic :D

9. Clifton

Clifton Electromatic

Dec 9, 2012
    Texas
    What a great version of that JJ Cale song! Joe is great--if you have a chance, watch him on the Concert For George (Harrison) on YouTube. He does an excellent job. Love that guitar, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Pete66

Pete66 Gretschie

Nov 18, 2015
    Wyre and Fylde
    Supported Joe at a gig back in 1992, thoroughly nice chap, warm and friendly. I was shocked at how incredibly tall he is!
    He was doing his sound check and we were waiting to do ours. When he was finished, he saw us and jumped down off the stage to where we were for a chat and apologised that his soundcheck took so long! (Issues with a mandolin I think)

Class fella.

Being a self confessed Cochran nut, I had loads of questions for him, which he happily answered. I also remember one of the guitarists in his band asking me, when he saw that I played an old Gretsch, on how I managed keeping in tune! I replied that, I couldn't but, that was rock'n'roll! Which made him laugh!

JC higgy likes this.