Easiest interface to use with iPad?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by freddyfingers, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Garage band doesn't look so bad, I was just looking at it.

For what you want to do, you just stick with the Audio Recording section, and at the top there's a button where it will show you all the tracks.

And that iRig is probably all you need. Or which version exactly have you got?

I recall there was a free Tascam Portastudio recording app and maybe one by Yamaha. No more.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  3. SAguitar

SAguitar Electromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Oregon
    This thread lays down the basic principles as to why I play my music in the garage. I need a little "me space," and it's too cold out there for the wife. Carry on!

4. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin
    I'm wit GlenP on this. YouTube, YouTube, YouTube. Garage Band can be confusing but there are plenty of youtube tutorials. Search for 'getting started'. As stated previously most interfaces come with recording software. I use a Focusrite 2i2 and Reaper on my Mac. It might be a bit much to start with but once you get the feel for multi-track type software, they are all very similar.

As for GB and your instrument:

Track/New Track/Audio/Microphone. (or instrument) then select input channel which will depend upon your interface.

Good luck, this is a good time to learn the stuff as it does take some time.

Waxhead and Hammerhands like this.
  5. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Just got this email, must be for you.

Join us for Recording 101 with Ray Wilson on FACEBOOK LIVE!

Learn the basics of what you need to capture your music using your computer. From the hardware to the software, learn what components are necessary and how to set up your new gear to begin recording in minutes.

Date: Wednesday, April 1 @ 3pm [EST]
    Fee: FREE

6. Thanks all! Will probably order a inexpensive interface to use with the iPad. Then figure out how to get the songs out of the iPad.

I have a boss br800 somewhere in my basement. Uses those big non floppy discs. Which i believe i still have a few.

Waxhead likes this.
  7. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    BR800 is newer, same idea, uses SD cards.

freddyfingers likes this.
  8. My mistake. They all look the same. This one definatly used the big disks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice