E String Popping out with TOM!

Discussion in 'The Great Bigsby forum' started by Darren1982, Aug 10, 2019.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I replaced a standard Tru-Arc lowrider with a Serpentune low-rider on my modified 6131-MYR II. They are both the same as far as the low-rider height is concerned.

Frank x 4 001.JPG

emitex and jfassett like this.
  2. Darren1982

Darren1982 Electromatic

May 4, 2019
    Uk
    Oh nice!

How come you changed? Material or for intonation? Was the difference worth spending the extra? Anything change in feel? IS that brass you have? Do you have pics of the guitar with just the standard low rider? Lastly did you get bigsby compensated?

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I hope these answers help you. I bought this from a GDP forum member in USA. Original Tru-Arc low-rider was aluminum: The first photo is how it arrived. The second photo is after I changed the bridge pickup to a TVJ Setzer Sig, but the Serpentune hadn't arrived yet, so it still shows the standard Tru-Arc low-rider bridge. I contacted Tim at Tru-Arc and asked him if he could make a Serpentune low-rider version in brass and he said no problem. I love my Serpentunes and I own more than a dozen, all in brass or titanium.

6131 MYR II 02.jpg
    Setzer Signature MYR II 003.jpg

jfassett and new6659 like this.
  4. cjtowner

cjtowner Electromatic

Jan 4, 2011
    San Diego
    If you note the inside hole of the cuffs on the down tension bar, the hole is off center. So, if you flip the cuff over with the hole on the lower side you can get a small amount tension downward.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice