For Sale Duo Jet DSV - 2005

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by MartyT, Sep 19, 2019.

1. MartyT

MartyT Gretschie

Apr 8, 2010
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    This is a great sounding, great playing Duo Jet DSV from 2005. The DSV model has been discontinued by Gretsch. This one has a nitro finish, which you can't get anymore in a Gretsch production model.

This guitar has the following premium upgrades: TV Jones T-Armond neck pickup; TV Jones Classic Plus bridge pickup (Dynasonic Mount); Emerson paper-in-oil tone cap; Fixed-arm Bigsby; Tru Arc Bridge (stainless steel) w/stained rosewood bridge base (pinned), unbleached bone nut; Callaham string shaft with drilled holes for easy string changes.

The only real blemishes are on the back, lower bout, treble side. That didn't happen on my watch. The previous owner did a lot of gigging with this guitar and it was bound to sustain a battle scar or two. Other than that, it's very clean.

The combination of the T-Armond and Classic Plus is a perfect pairing. So it sounds great clean, but when you crank the bridge pickup, it can snarl with the best of them. The middle position is about as "Gretsch-y" as it gets.
    Also, the unbleached bone nut works great with the Bigsby because it is self-lubricating. So when you first take it out of the case, you might have to tune it a few times. But once that nut lubricates from the motion, it will pretty much stay in tune all night with light to moderate Bigsby use.

I have more pics available upon request. Please send me a PM if interested.

Comes with a Gretsch hardshell case.

Price to Forum members is $1750 plus Shipping and PayPal fees. This is my rock bottom price because of the upgrades. No trades. IMG_20190918_131052969.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    That`s a total beauty. Good luck with your sale.

MartyT likes this.
  3. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Classy axe!

MartyT likes this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Best with the sale

MartyT likes this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Wow. Hmm. I truly love this.

6. MartyT

MartyT Gretschie

Apr 8, 2010
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Thanks. It's a killer and it plays like butta..........

7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Class geet! All the best with it!

MartyT likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice