Dream Gretsch Incoming

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by section2, Feb 13, 2020.

1. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    The four sweetest words:

Screenshot_20200213-215032.png

Outlaw, CatTones, audept and 8 others like this.
  2. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Yesssss! And its the dream gretsch?

section2 likes this.
  3. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Congrats

Ya got me beat, I just have a new set of locking staggered tuners for my strat arriving today....:(

Mr Swisher, Merc, MKunie and 2 others like this.
  4. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Yessir! I never thought I'd own a pro line Gretsch, but I recently sold a vintage cymbal from my drum kit for a nice return, and I decided to turn the proceeds into a new guitar. The problem is that my dream guitar is a 6120 Jr, and they don't come along that often. The bigger problem is that my dream-of-all-dreams is a 6120 Jr with a blueburst finish, and only 13 of them were ever made. One of them belongs to our fellow forum member audept, and another to drmilktruck. I've been publicly drooling over their guitars for years now. I once wrote that if either of them decided to sell their blueburst Junior, I'd swim from Toronto to pick it up. I was only half-joking.

Well, imagine my surprise when the good doctor took me up on my offer. And he didn't even make me swim to Minnesota! I'm unreasonably excited about this guitar.

Here's the catch: my wife and I are in the middle of fulfilling our lifelong dream of traveling around the world with our kids. We're in Laos right now, which is most decidedly not where the guitar is. We're having the adventure of a lifetime, but I won't be laying eyes on the bluebird until I get home in April. As the great man sang, "the waiting is the hardest part." But I think this one will be worth it!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 4:37 AM
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Great story. I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

As wonderful as your new guitar story is, I like the traveling around the world with your kids even more....You’re a lucky man.

Merc, mbkri and section2 like this.
  6. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Congrats to both of you for the deal!
    May you have lots of good time with your dream fulfilled.

@drmilktruck : then you got tired of blue and are now longing to join the Red Guitar Club?

Merc, DennisC, MKunie and 1 other person like this.
  7. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I'm a lucky man indeed. I certainly don't deserve the blessings I've been given, and I do my best not to forget it!

Penguin, audept, mbkri and 2 others like this.
  8. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Good things happen to good people!

MKunie likes this.
  9. Parttime

Parttime Gretschie

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
  10. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Congrads and enjoy you trip

section2 likes this.
  11. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Congrats, that'll be a special New Gretsch Day from a few angles. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

section2 and MKunie like this.
  12. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Congrats Paul on what I would consider a dream guitar also!! Let's hope it arrives as scheduled unlike the 2 White Falcon accessories I sent you on 12/4 that has shown "out for delivery" since 12/30.:eek::confused::D

section2 likes this.
  13. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Seems that you really have the time of your life. Congrats.
    Keep on enjoying it in good health.

section2 likes this.
  14. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Congrats on the new guitar, and the great trip!

Looking forward to seeing the guitar (notes calendar to watch for pics :D).

section2 likes this.
  15. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats !

And safe travels sir!

section2 likes this.
  16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Congrats! I’m looking forward to seeing it in April. I hope it’s not sitting on your doorstep that long.

Enjoy the family travels and stay safe. Keep an ear peeled for the Coronavirus area’s in the news that may be popping up. I just read this morning that now Vietnam is going to quarantine a village of 10,000 near Hanoi. Laos isn’t too far.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ty-of-10000-because-of-coronavirus/ar-BBZXZig

new6659 and section2 like this.
  17. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Hey, that's really funny because I have a Dream Guitar, too!

Congrats on your bluebird, and now put it out of your mind and have fun on your trip.

Oh, BTW, I hope you have someone getting it off your porch and into your house! :D

section2 likes this.
  18. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Laos is a great country and I love the Lao people. Luang Prabang is one of my favorite cities of all I have visited. So happy to see the 6120JRBS going to someone who will treasure it.

section2 likes this.
  19. Congrats. But does that mean it sits in a box on your porch until April? Rain? Maybe someone can go get it for him.

section2 likes this.
  20. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Not to worry. Jim shipped it to my mom's place in Florida. My brother, who is a much better guitarist than I'll ever be, will bring it back to Toronto after he goes to visit her this winter. I've told him to enjoy it until I get home. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice