double bypass surgery

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Jaybird, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Hi Johnny:

With a cathode cap, a small value resistor forms the NFB shunt on the ground side of the cathode resistor/cap. (see the AA764 Champ)

With the cap disconnected, the 1.5k and 47 ohm resistors combine, so there would be a slight difference. The combined total is still within the +/- 5% value of the 1.5k cap.

Did I misunderstand you?

2. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Gretschie

Nov 22, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Nah, it's been a long week for me. I think I lost more brain cells through the standard stresses of life lately than through the distilled versions... which is new to me. I guess it's time to uncork and get things untangled.

3. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Hehehe... I can identify with that. Our little one still isn't sleeping through the night, so I'm feeling a little foggy myself :)

4. Jaybird

Jaybird Electromatic

Nov 2, 2008
    California
    [​IMG]

5. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    You actually don't have NFB anymore. With the 22k NFB series resistor on the + side of the cathode resistor/cap combo, you're injecting voltage which is then being bypassed to ground. That's why the gain increase sounds so significant; you're feedback voltage (which is meant to remove gain, etc.) is actually contributing to it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice