Do you have the Gretsch of your dreams?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Jan 30, 2020.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Welcome fellow Minnesotan!

2. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Nope not yet. But I want these 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    I've had other Gretsch's and will no doubt buy more but this one will always be with me.... So yes I do have my dream Gretsch. 20200216_113247.jpg

4. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Cool man. :D

Beardog likes this.
  5. BatmansGretsch

BatmansGretsch Gretschie

Dec 3, 2019
    Earth
    [​IMG]

Finger-picking good.

and of course...

[​IMG]

6. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    honestly in all my 30 years of playing and owning countless guitars vintage and new including top end gibson's u.s.a fenders PRS mosrites e.t.c this perticular gretsch electromatic beats them all with no exaggeration. necks is the perfect size the frets are perfect the board is just beautiful to look at the color is stunning and dare i say it i even like the V tailpiece, and the pickups are so crisp and sweet sounding! i don't know if i just got a really good one but man this thing is up there with the gibsons i have owned in the past. but there is one problem! it's in another bloody country!!! Unbenannt (4).jpg

7. hollowbody_gus

hollowbody_gus Electromatic

Aug 30, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    I started out with an Electromatic Duo Jet, and was fine, particularly after I upgraded the pups.
    Eventually I got an Electromatic 5120 and was, again, fine (and, again, particularly after I upgraded the pups).
    When I saw my first Anniversary I knew I had to have one.
    Finally got it when I got a lucky find on eBay....and found out wanting is sometimes better than having, lol. I eventually worked out the kinks, and she's steadily been becoming my mainstay.
    At this point, I'd just love to get another non-Electromatic as a backup to the Anniversary!
    IMG_9057a.jpg

8. Filtertronico

Filtertronico Gretschie

Aug 26, 2014
    Germany
    To answer the question as a player: yes, every one of the 16 guitars I have. As a collector: no!I have more Gretsches than I need, but not as many as I want;)There is always another great playing/looking guitar somewhere that will tempt me...

JC higgy, drmilktruck and Parttime like this.
  9. stardustudios

stardustudios Electromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Wales
    I'd very much like a customised Billy Bo. Not this particular one, & probably not a green one either but I have to say this is the only green guitar I've ever really liked. Billy Bo.jpg

r0de0, Penguin, GOOBALL JEFF and 5 others like this.
  10. Eford

Eford Electromatic

Feb 7, 2020
    NC
    The age old question ... asked by many wives.. How many guitars do you need.???? And the answer will always be. .... Just one more!

new6659, stardustudios and Parttime like this.
  11. stardustudios

stardustudios Electromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Wales
    Ah, I hear you! I came home to Wales last week & left my Double Jet in Serbia. Mine has the Bigsby but I've started to warm to the V tailpiece on these ones. Gorgeous guitars!

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  12. Stefan87

Stefan87 Gretschie

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I know I put up a NUGD thread but can't resist doing it here to lol, got 1 of 2 dream guitars the other day.
    WP1.jpeg

In saying that my 6119SP was never on my radar but it was the first gretsch I bought when I was dreaming about owning one so i guess in a way it is a bit, but it's probably one of the best playing guitars I own, my 6120SSL is great but even though they are both 2.75 inch bodies, 16in lower bouts, same fretboards (according to gretsch specs), one has classics and one HS filters but the sound of them is so different, even unplugged, I don't know if it's the fact the 6119 is a tone post and the 6120 is trestle braced but the 6119 just feels and sounds so raw.
    6119.jpeg

Mr Swisher, new6659, r0de0 and 2 others like this.
  13. LeapingTortoise

LeapingTortoise Electromatic

Aug 24, 2016
    Australia
    It took years of saving and taking advantage of a particularly good exchange rate spike but in 2011 I got this beauty!

I've replaced the bridge with a TV Jones Classic Plus so I have single coil wonderfulness from the neck and massive tones from the bridge and this really sparkly punch from the middle when combined with my AC15 handwired with an alnico speaker.

It's strange, if I go without playing it for too long I get the new guitar itch but it gets cured by picking this baby up and playing :D

20200221_183513.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Stefan87, Parttime, Echocat23 and 8 others like this.
  14. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Beautiful guitar, congrats! I have always found the black Penguin more attractive than the white.

Stefan87, mbkri and LeapingTortoise like this.
  15. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Not yet but I will have a double cut Country Gent one day. Oh and a white falcon, oh and a country club...

16. samdevos

samdevos Gretschie

Jun 26, 2009
    belgium
    Yes ! I found a CAR Setzer at a very friendly price and sometimes I look at this popping color and think WOWW 8-0
    Here some small clip playing sleepwalk :

[​IMG]

Stefan87, Parttime and audept like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice