Do You Believe in Ghosts? I have proof they exist

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Poeticas, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I still cant believe this thread has not become a ghost...

MTurner likes this.
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Exactly, point taken. I was just highlighting the illogical nature of not believing in ghosts but still believing in Holy Ghosts.

TV the Wired Turtle and Ricochet like this.
  3. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    It was a hoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTurner, wabash slim and Ricochet like this.
  4. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I see what you’re saying. In my way of thinking there is a proper place for things that have passed on and it’s not roaming around people’s houses. There are entities that roam the earth but I would not call them ghosts.
    I try the best I can apply logic to my understanding of things that are beyond my current nature (as Tavo has pointed out). One thing that’s always struck me is that someone experiencing these things on this side of consciousness would seem to be a night swimmer at best.
    By that I mean that what they glimpse of the spirit world must be akin to diving in the ocean at night. What you see is such a small glimpse of another reality that how can you begin to know what it means in context?

MTurner, dlew919 and audept like this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Through a different paradigm though, it is my belief that one cannot believe in Ghosts and demonic entities yet disregard the concept of "God", still the refusal exists profoundly with many. I have a friend that vehemently and sometimes venomously denies the god of love yet is an avid ghost hunter and massive fan of the greatest ghost hunters; Ed & Elisabeth Warren, who by strong testimony have made it clear that their first and foremost mission was to exposed the devil's greatest strength, making people believe he isnt real, both self proclaimed God fearing demonologists.

6. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I’m a bit the opposite. I think you can believe in the supernatural and not believe in god. However you cant believe in god and not believe in the supernatural

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MattMcEwen

MattMcEwen Gretschie

Mar 23, 2018
    Halifax
    I enjoy the silly tact taken!

But....this assessment is problematic for a number of reasons, not the least of which is if ‘supernatural’ forces mould act on the natural world, they are by definition ‘naural’ and their effect would then be measurable.

I could go on, but not the place. Hope the new pedals are doing well! From this thread, it seems a ghost themed pedal would do really well.

8. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Henry, blueruins and dlew919 like this.
  9. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Actually, I think that’s a great idea. A ghost it will become.

Armygirl likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice