Do You Believe in Ghosts? I have proof they exist

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Poeticas, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Erickson

Lee Erickson Country Gent

Apr 20, 2009
    Eagan, MN
    I have my radio set up to waken at 6:00 AM by KNOW FM 91.1 the local NPR/MPR stations. I've had the most bizarre correspondence in my dreams with their correspondents. I find it very frustrating that they don't pause to listen to my ideas, and don't specifically answer me back.

Lee

2. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Must be ghosts Lee.
    What else could it possibly be? :)

3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Senor Poeticas.
    I notice no one else replied to this so I'll try to be kind with mine :)

We're not being skeptical so much as using a little logic.
    You ask "But how do you explain the EVPs I got" - why do we have too?
    The onus of proof is on you.

Now .... all we know of you is a photo on the internet in cyberspace.
    You could literally be anyone or anything for all we know.
    You have posted a recording you allege are ghost sounds.

Fine - what you actually have on that recording could be anything at all - an infinite range of options.
    The only amazing thing here is that you appear to think that anyone would be convinced by it :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    aiabx and MattMcEwen like this.
  4. Lee Erickson

Lee Erickson Country Gent

Apr 20, 2009
    Eagan, MN
    Well it might be the waking paralysis that some people talk about.

Lee

Waxhead likes this.
  5. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida

I know some people probably think I hoaxed it but I brought this up before on my Facebook page because my old friends know me and know I wouldn't create a hoax. I could send you a link to that if you want. But still, I am a stranger but I said several times I don't expect people to believe me so I am not sure why you said I think a lot people would be convinced by it. I should upload the rest of the EVPs and just see what people think about it.

But let's just put us in a setting where you do know me and know I wouldn't make up stuff- and let's say that you are %100 convinced it is real. Better yet, let's say you were with me when I did this recording. How would you explain what it is?

All I know is that it is proof to me- before I was %60/40 on believing that the strange things happening to me are part of something supernatural. Now I am %100 convinced after I captured those EVPs: doesn't matter if no on else believes me. But I do think that people who had experiences before would believe me.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    blueruins likes this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    It's a shame I started with two experiences I'm sure could be attributed to sleep paralysis...

Unfortunately I have a hundred more. They don't involve sleep, nor drug, alcohol or medicine abuse, nor any previous or current psychosis. :rolleyes:

blueruins likes this.
  7. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Share more guys. I enjoy reading them.

Doesn’t matter if someone believes you or not. We all deep down know the truth.

MTurner likes this.
  8. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I'm disappointed. Scepticism is fine, but I didn't expect so many cheap pot shots. :(

MTurner likes this.
  9. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Crazy old blueruins believes you.

A lot of the shots show how close to the heart...Pull just one thread and their whole sweater falls apart.

Ricochet likes this.
  10. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Don't you see that's the obvious point.

We are not in the setting you describe, we don't know who or what you are really, and I personally have to know people very well over several years at least before I trust them. But let's say I was foolish enough to trust someone I had not known very well for years.

Then I still would not be 100% convinced that your recordings are of a ghost.
    The burden of proof in science is VERY high, probably much higher than you understand.

It would need years of scientific study by many experts in this field to determine what you may have on that recording. And I can tell you right now this study would come up zero because yours was a totally uncontrolled experiment.

"Nothing as it seems" is a fabulous Pearl Jam song that sums it up nicely.
    That's why this is purely a matter of faith - believe it or not - everyone's personal choice :)

11. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    I'm a total skeptic but enjoy the tales.
    Keep 'em coming!

MattMcEwen and blueruins like this.
  12. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    Oh yeah, I definitely know I couldn't hand this recording to a University professor and say it's evidence of the afterlife. I'm not trying to prove it on a scientific level- I don't think that's ever going to happen even though we have more technology to investigate the paranormal. Maybe 100 years from now, who knows. But I am not aiming at that level- I am just trying to show other people who have had experiences with the supernatural that they are not crazy. Definitely not trying to prove it where there's finally a chapter in a high school science book that explains the paranormal.

13. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Hmmmm - well then why did you write a headline that says "I have proof they exist".
    Looks like you're on a big back pedal now :)

T Bone likes this.
  14. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    There are facts, and there are conclusions. My mother was convinced that her bed shook at night because of demons; I was more inclined to credit that phenomenon to the busy railroad track 100 yards from her bedroom. The bed shaking was a fact. I believe that it shook. Whether the cause was supernatural or not was a matter of conclusions drawn. I felt that the train more than satisfactorily explained the phenomenon and she felt that a supernatural explanation validated her spirituality. Interpretation tends to get a lot more publicity than the underlying facts.

T Bone, blueruins and Waxhead like this.
  15. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Another way to look at it...
    If somebody asked me where I was at 7pm and I said I was at the store. They may say “prove it”.
    I could show a receipt as proof.
    Is it now scientifically proven I was at the store?
    No...but it is a common usage of the word proof.

16. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    ahh Blueruins - that wouldn't even constitute proof to the police :)
    It would have to be confirmed by CCTV footage and interviews with store employees that this person actually purchased something.

If you don't have some rigour around it then "proof" just becomes another meaningless word :)

17. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I didn’t say he proved anything. I’m just saying that his use of the word was probably looser than your allowing for.
    I don’t think the dude is here for peer review for the Scientific Journal.

Poeticas likes this.
  18. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It might be a good idea to relax this a bit. This is a guitar forum, not the Supreme Court. :)

blueruins, wabash slim and T Bone like this.
  19. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    4FF5430C-F144-491C-864A-5CCD9AE92D69.jpeg It’s not really funny but this one cracks me up...make of it what you will:

The same uncle who had the Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon episode, a year or so after his epiphany was having a recurring dream...a vision.

He never articulated it very well to me but it had something to do with a biblical passage of Revelation and a huge fireball headed for earth.
    Mind you, he wasn’t a Christian but had some sort of American Indian hybrid thing going on.

He was troubled by this dream and decided to go camp in the desert for an extended fast and “spiritwalk”.

As he’s looking up at the sky a week or so into his journey he must have had the shock of a lifetime...he saw something like the above photo blaze through the morning sky.

It was the Space Shuttle Columbia breaking up upon it’s re-entry.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    dlew919 likes this.
  20. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    The last conversation I had with my uncle was kind of sad.

At the time I was just coming out of many years of denial over anything supernatural. I had about a year prior been at a philosophy club meeting and we were all laughing at the absurdity of one of the members brothers choice of vocation...he was a minister. The guy talking about his brother was marveling that one could dedicate his life to something without one iota of proof. It also rang ridiculous to me for a second.

As I was laughing there was a sort of a whisper deep down in my consciousness that carried an authority far beyond my own familiar inner voice or emotions. It indicated that this very moment was a test...was there really nothing at all in my life experience that could allow for the possibility? Close your mind now, laugh with your friends and forever choose your destiny.

I immediately walked out and never went back.

This was no religious conversion, merely an awakening of sorts. I purposed to keep my heart and eyes open for a season.

It was in this frame of mind that uncle was explaining to me (among other things) how some birds had recently flown over his truck to remind him he had forgotten to make an important payment...

This struck me as one of the stupidest things anyone has ever said. I couldn’t contain myself and told him how ridiculous he sounded; as if God had nothing better to do than remind him to pay his bills and even if why would he send birds to do it? W.T.H??!??!

He was not amused. He left shortly thereafter and I haven’t seen or heard from him since.

However, birds do show up in my life now at the oddest of times.

As a matter of fact a few days after that conversation with my uncle, a little white dove was huddled against my front door as I stepped out for work. I assume he was part of a release from a wedding or birthday? Anyhow, I picked him up and tucked him into my sock drawer to keep safe while I was away and took him to an aviary shelter the next day.

I realized some time later that it wasn’t long after that I visited a church for the very first time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice